Joiner advice

safcaph00

Reserve Squad
View media item 12301
Any reason why the knacker who cut this door down (to make it into an understair cupboard door) wouldn’t glue the cut pieces together?
Instead he has only used 2 dowel screws (which have now failed, so the bottom of the door is now basically a flap).

Surely a chippie didn't do that, it has to be a DIY job.
Experienced joiner (!) who I used to hang 15 internal doors about a year ago. The bottom of the door has basically just dropped off which is how I have discovered this.
Lots of other work done (some by his son, who was his ‘apprentice’ / lackey) is even worse.

I am useless at anything over and about basic DIY which is why I was asking if there was any reason he wouldn’t have glued it in the first place (before I try and do that myself). 👍🏼

Experienced joiner (!) who I used to hang 15 internal doors about a year ago. The bottom of the door has basically just dropped off which is how I have discovered this.
Lots of other work done (some by his son, who was his ‘apprentice’ / lackey) is even worse.

I am useless at anything over and about basic DIY which is why I was asking if there was any reason he wouldn’t have glued it in the first place (before I try and do that myself). 👍🏼

Aye , the cowboy had no glue with him.

Back