Johnson

This is the worst thing about today. Portsmouth blame the weather, Charlton a one off. Started to have my doubts at the weekend when the excuse was Rotherham are an excellent side, it’s f***in ROTHERHAM. Today a team struggling and they smash us without even playing that well. He’s gotta go. Preferred choice:

1)Keane
2)Phillips
3)I wouldn’t thank you for anyone else (who’s likely to come)
Great call regarding Johnson.
Manager options perfect, no doubt the Philips haters will have a dig.

“When I go on my case studies, it’s not always necessarily built around football,” Johnson explains. “It can be built around a theme or a philosophy that builds into football. When I went to the NHS, that was more about decision-making under pressure, and the SAS was more about communication, particularly when you’re in high-pressure environments. And also the Red Arrows, which was very interesting, was more based on critique and feedback in a post-mortem of a football match.

“Those communication techniques become really important. It’s all building this toolbox to be able to deal with what can be a very complex set of circumstances in a football dressing room.

“I’m always conscious to call them marginal gains, but it’s ways to implement your thought processes, your philosophy and get [the players] to buy into it. And, more importantly, to retain the information. In this era, it’s really important that we find that route in as quickly as possible.”

Rhetoric like this ^^^^ was never going to help him when the shit hit the fan...:rolleyes:

Never wanted him, still don’t want the f***ing gobbypotamus.
We all new it was a shit appointment at the time just like Parkinson.
Aye because we pick f***ing shite managers each and every time.

Have a proper go and get a proven manager in and give us a chance of getting out this wank league.
Everybody said at the time it was a shit appointment

Last edited:
I’m about 20 minutes away from home. Feel massively disillusioned after that. I was looking forward to tonight and seeing us putting Saturday behind us. Instead we’ve fallen further. People say it’s only football, but it’s not. It’s a lot of money, it’s time away from friends and family, it’s late night and early mornings. I’m glad we don’t have a league game for 3 weeks, at least we can’t lose one for 3 weeks.

I want Johnson to do well.
I’m tired of changing managers and crave stability, continuity and success.

But the last two performances have been absolutely shameful in every aspect, both in front of thousands of travelling SAFC supporters who paid good money to be there (I’ve just got in from Sheffield) and I’m sorry but LJ’s post match interview was absolute bullshit, cliched and untrue.

We have been totally outclassed tonight by a club who their fans said pre game are in crisis and they were desperate to see the back of their hapless manager Darren Moore, described as “a nice guy but clueless”. But they played us off the park-we couldn’t cope with their aggression, fluency, width and tactical superiority.

Shameful.

Predictable but weird LJ’s stats. Seems like a genuine decent bloke but his teams results perform to a distinct pattern like no other manager I can think of. Good solid runs of half a dozen matches which raise genuine hope for fans of the coveted outcome - followed by similarly numbered runs of loss after loss ani matter who the opposition which extinguish all hope. Very strange but equally you know it’s coming. Hoping he goes on the good run ASAP and maintains it

Just got back from that disaster to Nottingham.

A timid side tonight. Playing out from the back without any consistent accuracy or conviction. Stewart isolated. Repeated ball watching on crosses. Sheff Wed player on their left never picked up for most the game. Defenders sucked in to the near post time and time again. Their aerial presence terrified us. No width. No player on our left wanted to put a cross in all night. Oh and O' Nien trying to play later on as some sort of makeshift target man. Pathetic and embarrassing.

My overwhelming memory of this match tonight is the manager was reluctant to change formation or personnel until well after the third goal went in. No acceptable explanation for that in my opinion.

He has already run out of ideas and I think the writing is on the wall now.

Don't think there's any chance. He'll be backed for a while yet.

Few weeks ago I thought he had it cracked, liked everything he was coming out with...the last few weeks have me very worried.
One more spanking at home to Ipswich and he'll be on very thin ice ,,,,
Don't care what the set up is behind the scenes ,this run can't continue

I thought our summer recruitment was pretty much spot on . No real hasbeens and a fair few young hungry players with talent .
Johnson seems to have sucked the life out of them all .
He is tacticaly inept and needs to be got shot of before he stuffs the whole squad . Even at the start of the season he seemed reluctant to give the players from the academy a go and I get the impression Spackman told him to . He has his favourites and that was clear today when Embleton was the scapegoat for the Rotherham defeat.
Apologies for typing errors . My fingers much too fat for my phone keyboard

Last edited:
I thought our summer recruitment was pretty much spot on . No real hasbern and a fair few young hungry players with talent .
Johsdon seems to have sucked the life out of them all .
He is tacticaly inept abd needs to be got shot of before he stuffs the whole squad . Even at the stsrt of the season he seemed reluctant to give the playerd from the academy a go and I get the impression Spackman told him to . He has his favourites and that was clear today when Embleton was the scapegoat for the Rotherham defeat.
if speakman is telling him who topick then the club is in an even worse state than id imagined,,,
Parkinson was not proven, he got a team promotion 10 years earlier and did nothing since. Hardly proven.
‘Wilkinson won the League with Leeds but look how that turned out.
cretin. he got promotion with a team in 2017...which is not a decade before..even by the standards of this place yours is a half wittted comment

Last edited:
if speakman is telling him who topick then the club is in an even worse state than id imagined,,,

cretin. he got promotion with a team in 2017...which is not a decade before..even by the standards of this place yours is a half wittted comment
I probably worded that badly . Not so much telling him whom to pick ,more that basing our team around our promlsing youngsters was the direction they wanted to go .
Something Im all in favour of in the 3rd division

After a promising start to the season streaky Johnson has went back to the end of last season shit streak and we’re on course to lose our 3rd league game on the trot.
Not good enough full stop.
If we have any ambition of going up this season he needs peddling ASAP after tonight’s performance. This is not a knee jerk reaction either.
But we won between the boxes…

Back