Johnson

“When I go on my case studies, it’s not always necessarily built around football,” Johnson explains. “It can be built around a theme or a philosophy that builds into football. When I went to the NHS, that was more about decision-making under pressure, and the SAS was more about communication, particularly when you’re in high-pressure environments. And also the Red Arrows, which was very interesting, was more based on critique and feedback in a post-mortem of a football match.

“Those communication techniques become really important. It’s all building this toolbox to be able to deal with what can be a very complex set of circumstances in a football dressing room.

“I’m always conscious to call them marginal gains, but it’s ways to implement your thought processes, your philosophy and get [the players] to buy into it. And, more importantly, to retain the information. In this era, it’s really important that we find that route in as quickly as possible.”
Yep, absolutely pretentious bollocks.
Even after last night saying things like we were good ‘between the boxes’ and such like is just cringeworthy and an insult to all fans who witnessed it, especially those of us who spent time, money and effort to be at the last two hideous, spineless and tactically naive performances.

At least tell the truth, Lee. Don’t insult the fans intelligence.

I have absolutely no qualms about what was said. I’ve posted it many times that he is a very good manager sometimes and then a very poor manager other times. His tag of “streaky”, whilst cringey, is very apt at the moment. What we need to do and he needs to do is for the next 22 games is to make sure that the bad spell doesn’t happen again. We will lose a game, that’s a fact, but when we do we need to make sure it doesn’t become a full blown crisis again.

If we lose 4 on the spin again, we will not get promoted. I’m sure we can all accept that as a fact. Therefore we cannot afford another one of his bad spells ruining our season. Jury’s still out as to whether he can manage that, given we’ve had two of them already in his 12 months in charge.

Back