John Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Read that the incoming group want him as director of football which means he will or should work closely with Jack Ross in identifying targets at home and abroad and trying to get them to the club , seems that he is well regarded and Celtic wanted him to return to them . Just hope he is not another Martin Bain who was on an exorbitant wage and did very little to warrant it, looking at the recruits he got in at Celtic he looks a different kettle of fish and must be worth taking a chance on . Will be dependent on the conclusion of the takeover which seems likely so it's a waiting game , but here's hoping sooner rather than later if it's going to happen .

Nice sentiments here, no matter how old we are it’s always heartwarming to hear comments like this
His play is etched in my memory. I was disappointed that he didn't get a better round of applause at the SOL recently - but that is always the case (with all ex-players) as supporters have gone for a piss, are chatting or are perhaps too young to remember the player.

His play is etched in my memory. I was disappointed that he didn't get a better round of applause at the SOL recently - but that is always the case (with all ex-players) as supporters have gone for a piss, are chatting or are perhaps too young to remember the player.
A bit of everything you’ve said, half time piss younger fans etc etc, but believe me he’ll appreciate the comments his heart was always and still is here. I’ll always remember that youth team 66 finalists 67 winners then 69 winners to come back from a 3-0 deficit.

A bit of everything you’ve said, half time piss younger fans etc etc, but believe me he’ll appreciate the comments his heart was always and still is here. I’ll always remember that youth team 66 finalists 67 winners then 69 winners to come back from a 3-0 deficit.
Yup, was at the home matches!
Good to hear he still has an affinity with the lads. So unlucky with injuries - a brilliant career ruined.

Yup, was at the home matches!
Good to hear he still has an affinity with the lads. So unlucky with injuries - a brilliant career ruined.
Yes me too never forgot the West Brom game a good attendance and Paddy Lowery And John Lathan scoring 6-3 eh! Asa Hartford And Len Cantello sent off I think. There’s a picture I’d love to be able to put in here of all of them at a night at the stadium celebrating that win last year.

So much to a football club that the days of a manager being in control of the training, tactics, transfers, youth team, contracts are gone. Ross or any manager needs help with recruitment. He identifies what’s required, Park facilitates. We’ve just been stung a few times but I think a DoF is an essential part of a club structure; however, the relationship between manager and DoF is vital.

Don't know how we ended up talking about Bobby Park instead of the thread about John Park but I remember Bobby Park very well , very talented young player who probably Suffered because of his versatility. I think he suffered his first broken leg v Birmingham 1st game of the season in deplorable conditions playing left back , as he was a right sided midfield player he was totally out of position but hence the comment he suffered because of his versatility. The conditions that day were really bad so much so that the crowd was extremely low for 1st game of the season but roads in the area were closed due to to flooding ie Dalton le dale , Seaham . A lot of fans wrongly thought the game would be postponed if it had been things might have turned out for unfortunate Bobby who was been touted as a future international player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back