John Lewis Christmas advert

Status
Not open for further replies.

I reckon John Lewis have painted themselves into a corner. Every year their heart-tugging advert is anticipated as though it is part of the Christmas ritual (maybe it is!) so they have a real job on bettering themselves from the previous year. To be fair, some of their previous efforts have been excellent. I enjoyed the trampolining dog ad very much (I hope that was John Lewis or there will be another Thor/He Man moment).

This time they've simply latched onto the millions of aged EJ fans who enjoy reliving his career in retrospect. Then at the end they simply stitch their name on it in an attempt to associate themselves with his popularity.

Won't be a thing much longer. Similar to Fenwicks window. The highstreet is dying. Give it 3 years and these will be gone, replaced with Amazon Christmas advert.

once amazon have killed the high street , amazon wil start a amazon tax on everything you buy from amazon, and ashley will own the high street with rip off price's and you'll have the mags saying I told you so.

you see the iceland one that got banned , wtf has this to do with xmas

Iceland’s Christmas campaign has been banned from TV because it has been deemed to breach political advertising rules.

“This was a film that Greenpeace made with a voice over by Emma Thompson,” said Iceland’s founder, Malcolm Walker. “We got permission to use it and take off the Greenpeace logo and use it as the Iceland Christmas ad. It would have blown the John Lewis ad out of the window. It was so emotional.”

Would of, Should of, Could of, didn't. Surely they are aware of subtleties of what and is what allowed before spending Wads of cash that is lost revenue! Who runs their budget! Not one of the Ex Sunderland Management?

The we will get it right one day crew!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back