Joggers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spot on m8.

I ran along an old railway line and stood a few times in places where people could pass. They ambled along and didn’t make any effort to even increase their plodding pace - this included 2 couples in their 20s walking together who were clearly not related. Maybe they were all housemates.
It’s dog walkers that piss me off. None of the fuckers will move out of the way so you have to run on the road to avoid them and they have their dogs on extendable leads which trip you up. I run regularly and have never seen so many dog walkers on the streets, wonder where they normally go?!?

It’s dog walkers that piss me off. None of the fuckers will move out of the way so you have to run on the road to avoid them and they have their dogs on extendable leads which trip you up. I run regularly and have never seen so many dog walkers on the streets, wonder where they normally go?!?
We take the dog off-road whenever we can.

The walkers probably drive their dog to a rural location?

surely the onus is on the jogger, who has speed and momentum, to shift.

I’m just glad there’s not much traffic on the roads, I spend most of my time walking on the bastads.

Dog walkers are even worse mind.

I've noticed this like. Walker on one side of the path, dog on the other side taking over the full f***ing pavement and no attempts to move either themselves or the hound to free up space.

As a jogger myself the one thing I've noticed is the amount of bike riders riding on tight paths. I'm guessing most are not confident enough for the roads. When running these past few weeks I'm making a point of being much more aware about my surroundings, giving glances back every 30 seconds or so to try and anticipate any situations that may need me to move over or stop if needs be. Vast, vast majority if people are being very respectful about the situation. Only folk that pissed me off were three joggers running side by side Saturday taking up the entire path causing me to run on the road to avoid them as I passed

Not a good idea at the moment.

I see both sides of this. If people behave themselves if going out walking, jogging or cycling and keep their distance, then okay.

But this exercise period does increase the risk of spread especially if you have people who do misbehave.

I have seen abuses of it. Joggers if anything are behaving themselves. Cyclists are in general, however, I have seen the odd pack typical of weekends and I feel they are stretching it.

The worst abuses are teenagers. I can imagine they're telling their parents they're going out for exercise. They then meet they're mates somewhere prearranged by text or to meet boyfriends or girlfriends.

Causey Arch is within walking distance for me and I walked to and back from the bridge. A teenage girl had plonked herself at the wrong side of the safety barrier and was I presume talking to her boyfriend sat on the very edge of the bridge slightly off-centre above the arch.

If you've got kids, you can forget about going out for a bike ride or jog, as the moment you do, you make a hippocrite of yourself if you've told them they can't go out.

I don’t normally see joggers on my dog walks and I am walking the same routes I have been for the last six years though a more restricted selection. Now you can’t move for them so I tend to see them as intruding on my peaceful walking routes and getting in the way. I always call my dog back if I see joggers or cyclists coming along but it’s difficult if they come up behind you and don’t let you know they’re coming. I rely on the dog to see them first - when did cyclists stop having bells? I try to walk across fields as much as possible where it’s a bit less crowded.

f***ing cyclists man...drove up to leatherhead from arundle today as soon as i got inside the M25 they were f***ing everywhere

I see both sides of this. If people behave themselves if going out walking, jogging or cycling and keep their distance, then okay.

But this exercise period does increase the risk of spread especially if you have people who do misbehave.

I have seen abuses of it. Joggers if anything are behaving themselves. Cyclists are in general, however, I have seen the odd pack typical of weekends and I feel they are stretching it.

The worst abuses are teenagers. I can imagine they're telling their parents they're going out for exercise. They then meet they're mates somewhere prearranged by text or to meet boyfriends or girlfriends.

Causey Arch is within walking distance for me and I walked to and back from the bridge. A teenage girl had plonked herself at the wrong side of the safety barrier and was I presume talking to her boyfriend sat on the very edge of the bridge slightly off-centre above the arch.

If you've got kids, you can forget about going out for a bike ride or jog, as the moment you do, you make a hippocrite of yourself if you've told them they can't go out.

Exactly, people just dont seem to understand the implications of their actions.

I'm off out for a jog, no bother, its bizarre.

I find my morning walks are decent, with the few people I see always looking to keep a distance while being friendly and polite.

The drug dealers 3 doors up from me are busier than ever though. In and out all day with a steady flow of people knocking their door :lol:

surely the onus is on the jogger, who has speed and momentum, to shift.
100% this. I run and run on the road before I get to moor (unless there us an oncoming car) and on moor am the one who will take evasive action. Most people are equally as compliant.
Easy to spot by their red faces and flailing limbs.

Joggers without water bottles in the searing heat, cyclists on mountain bikes who dismount at the first incline to push the bike.
No need for water on a 30 minute run.
I’ve seen loads of first time joggers and cyclists out
This virus just keeps giving. People finally taking some responsibility for their fitness or lack of.

Last edited:
100% this. I run and run on the road before I get to moor (unless there us an oncoming car) and on moor am the one who will take evasive action. Most people are equally as compliant.

This virus just keeps giving. People finally taking some responsibility for their fitness or lack of.
Fingers crossed

I dont take water until I get to over 10 miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back