Joggers

Is it an hours exercise or one bit of exercise?

Being the Strava wanker that I am I see some people doing 40-50 mile bike rides or half marathon runs. Surely that’s a bit extreme? I’m sure I saw Liam Plunkett had dome 60 odd mile?

The official instruction is to "minimise the time you are out of your home" which is another vague explaination which can be interpreted in a number of ways.

Another 3 mile quick run tonight, plenty of distancing apart from a thick bloke who didn’t anticipate me approaching from one direction and a toddler on a tricycle behind him.

Pedestrians should be banned before runners and tri-cyclists.

Another 3 mile quick run tonight, plenty of distancing apart from a thick bloke who didn’t anticipate me approaching from one direction and a toddler on a tricycle behind him.

Pedestrians should be banned before runners and tri-cyclists.
I think many just don’t think. When I had to go out on my bike last week, there a long straight stretch, must be 1.5-2 mile long (old railway route). This family was spread across the path looking at me and could see me from a long way away. I got closer, they didn’t move. I got closer still, rang my bell, they still didn’t move. I ground to almost a complete halt when moved right to the side of the path about 10m from them and said “excuse me please, I would like to be past”, at which they grunted and ambled to one side. I see similar out running (not been out since social distancing started).

I don’t think some people have the mental capacity to think “we are a group of 4 people spaced out from one side of a wide path to the other, nobody can pass, there are people coming towards us, perhaps we should move well in advance to not inconvenience them”. I have come to a dead stop running before and stood arms folded giving people the choice, shuffle up or walk into me. Like the family last week, they always look shocked and disgruntled, but if that is the way they behave as a group with no awareness, surely it happens all the time?

Fair to say there are plenty morons in this country with very little consideration for others.

I think many just don’t think. When I had to go out on my bike last week, there a long straight stretch, must be 1.5-2 mile long (old railway route). This family was spread across the path looking at me and could see me from a long way away. I got closer, they didn’t move. I got closer still, rang my bell, they still didn’t move. I ground to almost a complete halt when moved right to the side of the path about 10m from them and said “excuse me please, I would like to be past”, at which they grunted and ambled to one side. I see similar out running (not been out since social distancing started).

I don’t think some people have the mental capacity to think “we are a group of 4 people spaced out from one side of a wide path to the other, nobody can pass, there are people coming towards us, perhaps we should move well in advance to not inconvenience them”. I have come to a dead stop running before and stood arms folded giving people the choice, shuffle up or walk into me. Like the family last week, they always look shocked and disgruntled, but if that is the way they behave as a group with no awareness, surely it happens all the time?

Fair to say there are plenty morons in this country with very little consideration for others.
Spot on m8.

I ran along an old railway line and stood a few times in places where people could pass. They ambled along and didn’t make any effort to even increase their plodding pace - this included 2 couples in their 20s walking together who were clearly not related. Maybe they were all housemates.

Last edited:
Spot on m8.

I ran along an old railway line and stood a few times in places where people could pass. They ambled along and didn’t make any effort to even increase their plodding pace - this included 2 couples in their 20s walking together who were clearly not related. Maybe they were all housemates.
People are in general ignorant and thick as pig shit....

Outdoor exercise wont be banned because it spreads the virus it will be banned to stop the idiots congregating. If the government ban it my fledgling running career will be on hold but I'm happy to comply.

So they just need to enforce the no more than 2 not from same household rule. Few larger fines and most will comply. Tbh I think 98% of people are anyway which is probably sufficient as 100% is unrealistic without the army on the streets and the inconsistent advice - building sites, sweet factories remaining open

I measured my garden yesterday. Half of it's full of play equipment. I can do a lap which is just under 0.01 of a mile, so it would take me over 100 laps to do a mile in the back garden. No wonder people are still going out running.

Back