Joggers

I don’t understand why you’re still going on about this. The government haven’t banned exercise, therefore people can go out once per day.

Whether you agree with that is another thing entirely but not important at all because it’s simply your opinion.

The opinion would seem to be gathering momentum with the Govt, so I'd say it is pretty important, whether you like it or not.

Why don’t we simply obey the rules of the road? It would cut down on the need to pass people in close proximity, If everyone were to go to the left hand side footpath in the direction of travel, you would then find that all people travelling in the opposite direction were on the other side of the road and social distancing is maintained.

We are being scapegoated because people cannot adhere to social distancing rules. Please find me an example if you can of groups of runners in parks over this weekend? We aren’t causing the problems at all.

Does it really matter mate? Just stop indoors. Multiple reasons have been pointed out on the thread so far why it is simply adding risk at a time when the country doesnt need it.
So are you saying I should ignore government offical advice as of today.

Simple yes or no will do.

I would ignore it, and have ignored it, the mass gathering thing was simply negligent.

Last edited:
Does it really matter mate? Just stop indoors. Multiple reasons have been pointed out on the thread so far why it is simply adding risk at a time when the country doesnt need it.

I would ignore it, and have ignored it, the mass gathering thing was simply negligent.
So I should ignore offical advice. No bother will go out 20 times tomorrow and get with 2 meters of everyone.

You really a stupid and no longer my concen and you can spout your shite to anyone who wants to listen, I have better things to do

So I should ignore offical advice. No bother will go out 20 times tomorrow and get with 2 meters of everyone.

You really a stupid and no longer my concen and you can spout your shite to anyone who wants to listen, I have better things to do

Dont be ridiculous thats not what I said, very funny.

Anyone sitting indoors and not improving their fitness by using their advised outdoor exercise period are selfish and are contributing to the spread of the virus by compromising their health and immune system. The government would seem to agree with me.

Aye, it does. Me out alone running, adhering to social distancing rules is very different to gatherings in parks or at beaches. I shouldn’t be stopped from my solo activity because others cannot behave in a reasonable manner as I am doing.

Joggers aren't the problem. Joggers meeting up with other joggers who they don't live with and not following guidelines are.

The Coronavirus faq is pretty clear.

Don't travel unnecessarily, one form of exercise a day. You can go to parks, for exercise. You can go out for exercise, once a day and minimise the time you are out.

It's wasn't helped by mixed and ambiguous guidance initially admittedly, but it's not hard to follow. Seems today has been better than Friday or Saturday for people following it.

Is it an hours exercise or one bit of exercise?

Being the Strava wanker that I am I see some people doing 40-50 mile bike rides or half marathon runs. Surely that’s a bit extreme? I’m sure I saw Liam Plunkett had dome 60 odd mile?

Back