Joe Root

On one hand, he is not doing himself any favours and on the other, he has to be captaining the worst England team in a long time. If I had a third hand you could also say he has been left to dry by the bigwigs at the ECB while they stroke the hard-on for the hundred 🤔

Last edited:
Who should he have picked. I’m not even sure he has that much say in selection
Silverwood and Root pick the squad and Root picks the team. Going into an Ashes game without Anderson and Broad is wrong imo. He kept picking Bess to lick his arse all the time. Some team selections have been questonable aswell as winning the toss.
Edit: I forgot too mention he won't bat number 3 for the good of the team to stop been 33/3. He's very stubborn and lacks clinical finishing of teams. Too much of a nice guy too.

Last edited:
Silverwood and Root pick the squad and Root picks the team. Going into an Ashes game without Anderson and Broad is wrong imo. He kept picking Bess to lick his arse all the time. Some team selections have been questonable aswell as winning the toss.
Edit: I forgot too mention he won't bat number 3 for the good of the team to stop been 33/3. He's very stubborn and lacks clinical finishing of teams. Too much of a nice guy too.
He averages a lot less at 3 than at 4. It doesn’t solve anything other than exposing our world class batsman to a new ball.
Bess was doing alright until India and then was dropped.
The 3 quicks have done well, it’s the attack a lot would have chose. Broad averaged just under 50 with the ball last time in Australia
The OP criticised his captaincy not his batting. 🤦
He said he wasn’t very good

Silverwood, assisted by James Taylor, pick the squads
Silverwood and Root pick the team
Dom Bess actually complained to about Root after dropping him in India
He's played 30 matches at 3 including most of 2018 and 2019, as well as last year. Literally last year.

Stop spamming the board with sillyness.

If England think Leach is the best spinner they have then he plays every test. He wasn’t the reason England were bowled out for 147 which is why we’re miles behind in the game
But it isn't a spinners pitch. He hadn't played any cricket whatsoever for three months. It made no sense whatsoever to play him.

Back