Joe Root

He’ll end up going but it could turn into a very shambolic tour if certain individuals, Anderson, Buttler, Stokes for instance, decide to drop out.

Here is me thinking that ECB were the governing body and should provide leadership and decision -making in such situations .
Where I was thinking governments have more power than sporting governing bodies.

And the Australian government are known for their strict rules, not sure ECB have the power to move them on that.
Not just into the country, between states as well. If they insist on quarantine between tests when they travel state to state then I would cancel it, would be a hellish tour.
Exactly I am fully aware of the popularity of the ECB on here but pretty sure them rules are not something they would be able to overturn without government intervention

Last edited:
Where I was thinking governments have more power than sporting governing bodies.

And the Australian government are known for their strict rules, not sure ECB have the power to move them on that.
What I was thinking was that ECB have a duty of care to their employees and it ' s wholly unreasonable to ask employees to carry out their duties with such restrictions imposed. ECB should have acceded to players' request for a tour postponement of the tour.

What I was thinking was that ECB have a duty of care to their employees and it ' s wholly unreasonable to ask employees to carry out their duties with such restrictions imposed. ECB should have acceded to players' request for a tour postponement of the tour.
If only it was as simple as that and there wasn’t any others things to consider.

That may or may not still happen but these things are not black and white and there is a whole lot of things to consider which I suspect you know.

What I suspect is whatever decision is made it will be the ECB fault just like most things involving them discussed on here.

Last edited:
If only it was as simple as that and there wasn’t any others things to consider.

That may or may not still happen but these things are not black and white and there is a whole lot of things to consider which I suspect you know.

What I suspect is whatever decision is made it will be the ECB fault just like most things involving them discussed on here.
Totally agree, they're a pretty incompetent bunch so it's odds on they'll make the wrong call.
There'd be financial consequences of a postponement,of course. Pity they wasted the reserves for such contingencies on the Hundred

Last edited:
Totally agree, they're a pretty incompetent bunch so it's odds on they'll make the wrong call.
There'd be financial consequences of a postponement,of course. Pity they wasted the reserves for such contingencies on the Hundred
Imo is odds on whatever decision they make rightly or wrongly they will get the blame.

As with a lot of things in life easy to have a go from the outside, a lot harder to make tough decisions

Last edited:
xKImo is odds on whatever decision they make rightly or wrongly they will get the blame.
Imo is odds on whatever decision they make rightly or wrongly they will get the blame.

As with a lot of things in life easy to have a go from the outside, a lot harder to make tough decisions
It is indeed. But when you're paid obscenely to make difficult decisions you have to be seen to be making the correct decisions and justifying them. It is easy to criticise incomu. Heavens, they've squandered £70m reserves, awarded themselves £1ms in bonuses for doing so and you defend them. Give some examples of competent actions.

Last edited:
It is indeed. But when you're paid obscenely to make difficult decisions you have to be seen to be making the correct decisions and justifying them. It is easy to criticise incomu. Heavens, they've squandered £70m reserves, awarded themselves £1ms in bonuses for doing so and you defend them. Give some examples of competent actions.
Not defending them as on the whole they have clearly not done a good job, particularly the bonus situation which is quite shocking actually.

Just think let’s be fair Covid and the very strict rules on entering the country in Australia is not down to the ECB and seems like a complicated situation.

Blame the ECB when it’s their fault by all means, but let’s be fair the situation in Australia is not down to the ECB.

Last edited:
Not defending them as on the whole they have clearly not done a good job, particularly the bonus situation which is quite shocking actually.

Just think let’s be fair Covid and the very strict rules on entering the country in Australia is not down to the ECB and seems like a complicated situation.

Blame the ECB when it’s their fault by all means, but let’s be fair the situation in Australia is not down to the ECB.
The decision to go ahead with the tour is down to ECB. Not touring has financial consequences. They also have a duty of care to their employees. No ones denying it's a difficult decision.
But their handling of the Pakistan tour cancellation was an absolute PR disaster.
No one has implied that the Australian covid restrictions is in the remit of ECB, They've never been criticised for that.

Back