Joe Aribo

We had one, we didn't need another one, just sold to get a bit of money in the bank

You're just wrong and were proven wrong, we were never going to sign someone who was going to score more goals than Maja

We were better off waiting till the summer, thats the point

You're not even making sense now, a bit of money in the bank? Haven't you been saying for ages we sold him to pay Bordeaux off????

We then spent more on Grigg? WTF?

The decision to sell Maja was right given the circumstances and to re-ivenst the money in the team (and more). The excecution of it is where we went wrong.

Waiting till the summer? How come you can use hindsight on Grigg, but when I mention using the same hindsight on Maja - 11 draws with him here, we weren't in the automatic places, that he only played 7 bits of game and scored one goal before he got an injury and it kept him out for the season, why are you not using the same logic/ hindsight there as well?

You're not even making sense now, a bit of money in the bank? Haven't you been saying for ages we sold him to pay Bordeaux off????

We then spent more on Grigg? WTF?

The decision to sell Maja was right given the circumstances and to re-ivenst the money in the team (and more). The excecution of it is where we went wrong.

Waiting till the summer? How come you can use hindsight on Grigg, but when I mention using the same hindsight on Maja - 11 draws with him here, we weren't in the automatic places, that he only played 7 bits of game and scored one goal before he got an injury and it kept him out for the season, why are you not using the same logic/ hindsight there as well?

I just don't agree with you mate, going round in circles, we have different views on the issue.

Plenty agree with me like, for a change! Sure plenty do with you

its a divisive issue

Ignore him, he tries and make it personal for no reason.

We disagree on a football issue, no big deal.

We are never gonna agree on this like, lets just leave it at that! Respect you for having your view

I'd have preferred to keep Maja if he was going to sign a new deal. That he and his agent had stopped speaking to us and his agent then let Downie at Sky know he was wanting to leave and not sign a deal, I think we had no choice but to get the best deal we could.

We messed up on recruitment, but for once the backing in that department wasn't lacking. I think the one thing we need to look at is recruitment and Coton's influence in so many North West based players arriving, who for me have mainly been lacking.

I'd have preferred to keep Maja if he was going to sign a new deal. That he and his agent had stopped speaking to us and his agent then let Downie at Sky know he was wanting to leave and not sign a deal, I think we had no choice but to get the best deal we could.

We messed up on recruitment, but for once the backing in that department wasn't lacking. I think the one thing we need to look at is recruitment and Coton's influence in so many North West based players arriving, who for me have mainly been lacking.

I certainly agree recruitment needs sorting, it was as bad as ever last year, one of the things we didn't improve on

Probably got 3 players we bought for money that I'd bet would try n sell in an ideal scenario, which isn't great

Anyway Aribo will be decent for Rangers I'd imagine

:lol:

I think if you want huge you go with your Barcelonas etc. Who do it not just domestically but European.. But you can't say big crowds make them huge, Newcastle would be huge and they are not.

I get what you're saying. We're not Barcelona but then not many are.

the appeal of playing in the old firm derby would be enough of an appeal to me tbh. That's before you consider the history and the facilities that both clubs boast.

Last edited:

That's my take too. He had to be moved on once the crap started with the agent. Possibly should have offered him more sooner, but there was a lot going on and in the summer he wasn't even considered a definite starter.

Grigg on paper seemed an ideal replacement. I don't think he's a bad player, but we shoehorned Wyke in alongside him and it cost us. We should have made Grigg the focus and he's always played on his own up top and improved the service to him.

Back