1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jimmy Savile

Discussion in 'SMB' started by Cack Stottie, Mar 22, 2016.

1. taipeisafc

taipeisafc Winger

I went to school with him - from what he says on here he hasn't changed a bit in the 20 odd years since he left.

2. Sneech

Sneech Striker

Bit harsh that like.

I mean he's a complete deviant with a liking for young lasses.

Whereas Savile raised millions for charity.

RestlessNatives likes this.
  3. taipeisafc

taipeisafc Winger

I think my dad used the word pooftah - he hated Saville.

4. Wayhay!

5. Lord Potts

Lord Potts Winger

The remaining question for me will always be . If Savile was so "big" in the 60's that he couldn't be touched how was it that at the hight of his success Simon Dee - the DJ who had the biggest TV peak time show of around 25 million viewers - was bounced from the BBC and effectively never worked again. I am not saying that Dee was not a prat and I don't really know whether he deserved it or not it but he was much more popular and more marketable than Savile. Dee's fate illustrates that contary what we are led to believe no BBC DJ was "untouchable" . Dee after all was dumped overnight just for being a prima donna and annoying Bill Cotton the BBC's Head of Light Entertainment. So just exactly how did Savile get away with what a lot of people knew and were saying about him? The BBC never had any qalms about showing other people the door. They were even happy to sack the very popular Kenny Everett in 1970 just for making a very weak joke about the then Minister of Transport . For me it just does not add up.

6. Cack Stottie

Cack Stottie Winger

Yeah, I'm in the same boat.

7. oddjobbob51

oddjobbob51 Central Defender

I was once at a Vaux dinner/awards function at the Gosforth park hotel about 20 years ago and was sat at the same table as the hotel manager, we got talking about celebs that stay there, and i asked who was the worst, he said Savile but would not go in to further detail why but the disgusted look and way he said it was easy to read.

8. jackynutmeg

jackynutmeg Winger

aye sister-in-law mate....pig in knickers

Mackem00 likes this.
  9. Cack Stottie

Cack Stottie Winger