Jimmy Savile

Lord knows why. It was patently obvious that the bloke had no genuine affinity for children beyond seeing them as objects to be used and abused. He always looked awkward and uncomfortable interacting with them.

My old man hated the bastard, he used to seethe with rage whenever he came on. Mind, he thought he was a "Puff". :lol:
I assumed he was gay at the time because he never had a girlfriend. Now we know why!

I recall being told allegations 20 years ago, by a lad from Pudsey, about Savile's business interests in Leeds. Said he was feared and loathed in West Yorkshire for being an absolutely awful human being despite all of his charity work.

I used to laugh it off until I saw that Louis Theroux episode I'm sure Savile begins with a warning he had the ability to acquire all Theroux's personal details.

Not taking the piss or owt but reading that thread you clearly thought alot of him before he died. How did it feel when you read all the shit coming out?
It's all a bit tongue in cheek really. What happened was that @Mr Kersey had the 11 o clock show sketch on tape (where John Peel is slagging Savile when he turns up in the middle of his show) and we used to watch it every time we went round. We then started adopting the mannerisms of the Savile character and dropped them into conversation to amuse one another. That progressed to putting a picture of Jim in my wallet that I'd show him occasionally and we'd giggle like children. We just thought he was a zany old eccentric who liked to fiddle with corpses, rather than nonce.
Me dad did the wedding impression cos @Sneech mentioned the picture in the wallet during his best man's speech.

I assumed he was gay at the time because he never had a girlfriend. Now we know why!
In the Q interview he talks about having an old estate car he used as his "passion wagon".

It's all a bit tongue in cheek really. What happened was that @Mr Kersey had the 11 o clock show sketch on tape (where John Peel is slagging Savile when he turns up in the middle of his show) and we used to watch it every time we went round. We then started adopting the mannerisms of the Savile character and dropped them into conversation to amuse one another. That progressed to putting a picture of Jim in my wallet that I'd show him occasionally and we'd giggle like children. We just thought he was a zany old eccentric who liked to fiddle with corpses, rather than nonce.
Me dad did the wedding impression cos @Sneech mentioned the picture in the wallet during his best man's speech.

In the Q interview he talks about having an old estate car he used as his "passion wagon".
:lol:

I recall being told allegations 20 years ago, by a lad from Pudsey, about Savile's business interests in Leeds. Said he was feared and loathed in West Yorkshire for being an absolutely awful human being despite all of his charity work.

I used to laugh it off until I saw that Louis Theroux episode I'm sure Savile begins with a warning he had the ability to acquire all Theroux's personal details.
Louis found his address wrote down on a notepad, questioned Jimmy about it and he said he can find anything out. The whole thing with his Mam was very odd also him saying he used to lock people in the basement of his club, he seemed obsessed with power.

Did Jim the Pill ever get investigated?

Jim'll Fix it was a top rated show for the BBC. People loved it.

I think part of why people loved it was the concept that people wrote in about simple and often heartwarming things and it was nice to see how happy it made them , that was why I watched it & not because of him.
As I said I think he wormed his way to where he did by a combination of blackmail and 'fixing ' things - some good like the charity stuff but I think maybe a lot of it bad and then of course that could have been used for further leverage. How else can you possibly explain that he went from being basically running a few local dance halls to rubbing shoulders with royalty.

I think part of why people loved it was the concept that people wrote in about simple and often heartwarming things and it was nice to see how happy it made them , that was why I watched it & not because of him.
As I said I think he wormed his way to where he did by a combination of blackmail and 'fixing ' things - some good like the charity stuff but I think maybe a lot of it bad and then of course that could have been used for further leverage. How else can you possibly explain that he went from being basically running a few local dance halls to rubbing shoulders with royalty.
I never really watched it I was too old but there is loads of rewriting history regarding savile.

Back