Jihadi Jack

hold on. There's no evidence of him being part of ISIS and he moved to Syria prior to the rise of ISIS but as he converted to Islam and chose to live in an Islamic country he's been criminalised?

I don't know the full story but that's what im gathering. Is that correct?
Ne idea, fuck him

Be a crying shame if he died in a drone attack

f***ing idiot

He's in a Kurdish prison now, might end up on trial somewhere if they can find a jurisdiction to host it (possibly even in syria).

if the canadians were smart they would have taken away his canadian citizenship first and then the UK would have been stuck with him.

hold on. There's no evidence of him being part of ISIS and he moved to Syria prior to the rise of ISIS but as he converted to Islam and chose to live in an Islamic country he's been criminalised?

I don't know the full story but that's what im gathering. Is that correct?

He threatened to kill an ex school mate of his (and all of his unit) who joined the british army, threatened if he did come back to britain it would be to bomb it, said he'd considered carrying out a suicide attack in syria (suggesting he'd been asked to), said he was the enemy of britain...

that's all from interviews he's given or posts he made on FB etc... changed his tune now he's been caught and looking at a long spell in some syrian or iraqi jail (or worse).

Ahh I dunno, I think you can make a decent case for the Christian religion being the basis of our culture. But as an excuse to preach hate and divide people it's as powerful as any.

You could, but we have a relatively recent bloody sectarian history. Messes some people right up mind, though it seems to be people who’d already have done fucked-up things and are manipulated into religious violence by other people.

I can live with that tbh.

It doesn't sit easy with me though.

if the canadians were smart they would have taken away his canadian citizenship first and then the UK would have been stuck with him.

Aye. That's what it seems to come down to now. The smart ones who get in there first and hand the responsibility over to a bunch of poor fuckers who don't have any records of him. Someone else's problem.

Very classy.

Should just put a bullet in the stupid little ***** head. Problem solved
Well there's that and he's a casualty of war as far as I'm concerned (even if he is some poor brainwashed fucker on the autistic spectrum) but we do seem to have standards regarding POWs where the Nazis don't.

He was brainwashed tbf, will be interesting to see what Canada do now

oh dear :eek: :rolleyes:

probably more easily led and naive, maybe somewhere in between. i'd be interested to know more about why he went to kuwait/jordan and who funded that jaunt.. I mean no offence to his parents but with his mental health issues why would you let your 18 year old go to the middle east with no support (although i assume they paid for that trip, if not you'd be asking who did and why?)
hmm. That's pretty damning but it does (in part) contradict the video of the interview with his parents in the OP where it claims there's no evidence other than his conversion to Islam and posing for a photo using a religion hand gesture. This is backed up by his parents. I presume the video and the claims of his parents are not true.

fairly typical to try to reduce your culpability... In their favour ISIS didn't keep much documentation on their units, who was in them and what role/rank they were, or they destroyed it before fleeing/surrendering. so it's fairly easy to say they were just there doing 'humanitarian' work or the like. I know the kurds search and collect everything they do find that could link individuals to ISIS.

Last edited:
You're lucky enough to be born into the best culture in the world, modern western culture, as a white bloke and you end up fighting for Isis, you've fucked up big time there.

I'm on a FB group that has a member who is out there. he's been fighting with the kurds and also does video reports and doccos on the conflict. he's interviewed many of the foreign fighters the kurds have captured and said the vast majority are shit scared of going on trial in either syria or iraq and are desperate to get back to the west for a slap on the wrist.

I'm on a FB group that has a member who is out there. he's been fighting with the kurds and also does video reports and doccos on the conflict. he's interviewed many of the foreign fighters the kurds have captured and said the vast majority are shit scared of going on trial in either syria or iraq and are desperate to get back to the west for a slap on the wrist.

They should be afraid. Absolutely no mercy for a westerner who fought for the opposition in the jail of either of those two countries. Id completely expect people in this situation to do everything they could to get back.

His old man was on TV this morning, just caught bits of the interview in between separating two fighting kids, but he seemed to be trying to blame his OCD for getting himself in this pickle.

Back