Jihadi Jack

His old man was on TV this morning, just caught bits of the interview in between separating two fighting kids, but he seemed to be trying to blame his OCD for getting himself in this pickle.
Aye he was, I suppose the parents will try anything to get their lad back even something as tenuous as that as a mitigating reason

His old man was on TV this morning, just caught bits of the interview in between separating two fighting kids, but he seemed to be trying to blame his OCD for getting himself in this pickle.
He's probably right but as a parent he allowed the kid far too much freedom considering his condition to get himself in this situation. A risk assessment might have been a decent idea. The youngun was radicalised and he's just another casualty of war now. Mebbys harsh but these conflicts have been harsh on more that that family.

They should take away his fathers UK citizenship and make him leave the country...I find it strange that people can have any sympathy for the lad...

They should take away his fathers UK citizenship and make him leave the country...I find it strange that people can have any sympathy for the lad...

Well if he's been seduced by a web of lies painting a false picture I can see why some would. We as a society show sympathy when this happens to people in other circumstances but as soon as it involves terrorism its seen differently.

Back