Jewison Bennette

Well aye, there's a reason for that.
Costa Rican league, Championship and Greek league and he can't get minutes anywhere.

16 year old Chris Rigg has shown more than him.
16 year old Chris Rigg has shown more than the majority of players. He signed for us just after he turned 18, moved to a different continent, didn’t speak English, got the bus home from matches with his dad. Nobody knows why he hasn’t played the last three in Greece, he may well be injured. He may turn out to be the shittest player in the world, but hoying stats about saying he’s played 61 matches doesn’t exactly tell the story.

Pretty sure Jack Clarke will have been about 19 when he was on loan at Stoke. From what I understand, that wasn’t exactly successful. He came to us in League One, got better as he went on, but in truth, he didn’t look that good in that league. Players develop. Bennette is 19 & hasn’t yet had a run of match or even minutes in any team for people to properly judge him.

16 year old Chris Rigg has shown more than the majority of players. He signed for us just after he turned 18, moved to a different continent, didn’t speak English, got the bus home from matches with his dad. Nobody knows why he hasn’t played the last three in Greece, he may well be injured. He may turn out to be the shittest player in the world, but hoying stats about saying he’s played 61 matches doesn’t exactly tell the story.

Pretty sure Jack Clarke will have been about 19 when he was on loan at Stoke. From what I understand, that wasn’t exactly successful. He came to us in League One, got better as he went on, but in truth, he didn’t look that good in that league. Players develop. Bennette is 19 & hasn’t yet had a run of match or even minutes in any team for people to properly judge him.
Everyone has an opinion and mine is he'll never make it here along with Hemir, Mayenda, etc, etc...I hope I'm wrong obviously.

61 games in mens football 3 goals.
Can't get a game in Greece.
He's f***ing shite.

Same can be said of Hemir, Mayenda, Triantis, etc, etc.....the only thing going for them is they were cheap and young.
I’m glad someone has said it. Out of all of the players we’ve signed over the last few years to fit the ‘model’ I think Bennette is about the worst and will do the least in the game. People point to his cameo against Southampton. Let’s face it, those three spins over the ball were laughable. One of them, he barely even touched the ball, another one he had to come back to get the ball. The cross that he then put in, practically came down with snow on it. It was Riggs brilliant header that made that goal. People go on as though it was some kind of second coming of Allan Johnston beating people with skill then whipping in a tantalising cross. If it had been any number of players who were on the pitch that day on the end of that cross it wouldn’t have resulted in a goal and we’d be talking for years to come about the time he did three of the most pointless, awkward looking spins on the ball and then put his cross 100 feet in the air. Don’t get me wrong though, I was delighted for him that day.

Last edited:
Everyone has an opinion and mine is he'll never make it here along with Hemir, Mayenda, etc, etc...I hope I'm wrong obviously.
To be honest, they haven’t shown anything to show they will, right now. But I don’t think I’ve watched any of them enough yet. I’d like to see a match where we play to Hemir more & Mayenda, not sure what position he actually plays. Is he a striker or outside forward?

To be honest, they haven’t shown anything to show they will, right now. But I don’t think I’ve watched any of them enough yet. I’d like to see a match where we play to Hemir more & Mayenda, not sure what position he actually plays. Is he a striker or outside forward?
If Hemir wants more of the ball he needs to make the right movement. He’s thoroughly flat and out of his depth.

I’m glad someone has said it. Out of all of the players we’ve signed over the last few years to fit the ‘model’ I think Bennette is about the worst and will do the least in the game. People point to his cameo against Southampton. Let’s face it, those three spins over the ball were laughable. One of them, he barely even touched the ball, another one he had to come back to get the ball. The cross that he then put in, practically came down with snow on it. It was Riggs brilliant header that made that goal. People go on as though it was some kind of second coming of Allan Johnston beating people with skill then whipping in a tantalising cross. If it had been any number of players who were on the pitch that day on the end of that cross it wouldn’t have resulted in a goal and we’d be talking for years to come about the time he did three of the most pointless, awkward looking spins on the ball and then put his cross 100 feet in the air. Don’t get me wrong though, I was delighted for him that day.

I’m no fan of Bennette but that description of his assist for Rigg is an absolute load of shite but comedy gold in equal measures

Absolutely ridiculous description of that assist. I stopped reading at that point, but can only guess the rest of your post was equally f***ing stupid 🤣

He's injured.

He's been struggling with injuries the last year or so tbh. Since he did his shoulder last season. Got back into contention around Southampton (his cross for Riggs goal was sublime)

Came back around the end of November iirc and asked to be put into the reserve side to get his fitness back for international matches coming up, rather than sitting on the bench.

Then left on loan.

Good argument. My new drum beat is that because all we have got is kids representing us at first team level we forget they are kids with an enormous amount of development needed.
They are just potential at this stage but we expect them to hold down first team places and be able to deliver sustainable consistent performances. It’s not going to happen.
Dan Neil was our captain on Saturday aged 22….. 5 minutes ago people where screaming at him for losing possession every game.
That’s the equivalent of Bennette running down a blind alley and Jobe heading the ball across the box.
Fill you team with kids and you get inconsistent results. It’s not rocket science.
That the club has put so much pressure and expectation on them is a joke and it’s why we are in a tailspin…. It was as predictable as Christmas

Good argument. My new drum beat is that because all we have got is kids representing us at first team level we forget they are kids with an enormous amount of development needed.
They are just potential at this stage but we expect them to hold down first team places and be able to deliver sustainable consistent performances. It’s not going to happen.
Dan Neil was our captain on Saturday aged 22….. 5 minutes ago people where screaming at him for losing possession every game.
That’s the equivalent of Bennette running down a blind alley and Jobe heading the ball across the box.
Fill you team with kids and you get inconsistent results. It’s not rocket science.
That the club has put so much pressure and expectation on them is a joke and it’s why we are in a tailspin…. It was as predictable as Christmas
Yeah, I think that’s the crux of it, we’ve got no blend at the minute. No wise heads.

I like the way the club are recruiting in terms of looking at future value, I like they give young players like Rigg & Bellingham a chance, I like we sign a random player like Pembele as we’ve saw an opportunity cos of an injury. We need to be aware it’ll not always come off, there’ll be some that don’t come near. As you mentioned, Alex Neil took Dan Neil out before this stage two years ago cos he’d played too much & looked shagged.

The issue we e got is the heat & now. When it’s going well, these lads will fly & it might appear easy. When it’s going shit, they’ll struggle.

The balance of the squad has been ripped out in less than a year.

Back