Jeff Whitley

A starter in the team that got promoted so can't really be our worst ever player but he was certainly limited, mind according to Stephen Elliott and Chris Brown Whitley was constantly out with Thornton drinking so that probably didn't help things.

A starter in the team that got promoted so can't really be our worst ever player but he was certainly limited, mind according to Stephen Elliott and Chris Brown Whitley was constantly out with Thornton drinking so that probably didn't help things.

He wasn't in any promotion side. He left after his Panenka in the playoff semifinal on a free transfer. We upgraded to Carl Robinson, were a much better side as a result, and won the Championship.

He was shite.

He wasn't in any promotion side. He left after his Panenka in the playoff semifinal on a free transfer. We upgraded to Carl Robinson, were a much better side as a result, and won the Championship.

He was shite.
🤔

IMG_1867.jpeg

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
It might have been West Brom at home on a Sunday (lost to a Koumas late winner) and I could be wrong but once we started Whitley and Healey together and it was panful.I dont think either could pass the ball forward.

He was shite.
Carl Robinson was already here. He played in that playoff as well, and also took a penalty.

Following on from the worst players thread I was only a teenager at the time but was he as bad as I remember him being? How the fuck did he manage to be a first team regular for 2 full seasons?:eek: Can’t remember a single game where he wasn’t utter dross and caused nothing but bother off the field.

Credit where it’s due he’s turned his life around nowadays.
In our promotion season he did exactly what was needed. He harried, closed players down, played it simple. He was never popular and the fans always wanted someone like Thornton in who was a more talented footballer but he did his job.

I think he's come out of the other side of a major drinking and drugs problem if I recall a podcast I listened to with him through lockdown. He did well for us considering.

Last edited:

Back