Jazz

Buzzcock

Striker
Nice ! This is a genre of music that I've never really given a chance . Are there any enthusiasts out there who can recommend anything to break me in gently ( ooh err missus ) ?

Guessing you've listened to Miles Davis, Charlie Parker, Charles Mingus, Ella Fitzgerald, John Coltrane etc.?

Give "The Epic" by Kamasi Washington a shot. He played on Kendrick Lamar's "To Pimp a Butterfly" and did a lot of the musical arrangement. His album is a triple so long but both beautiful and exciting in parts.

I like loads of jazzy stuff but err towards the Soul music end of it. Anything I don't like is tuneless warbling and made up progressions etc.

Jazz needs to be mostly vocal for me or else you end up with Cleo Laine.

I like loads of jazzy stuff but err towards the Soul music end of it. Anything I don't like is tuneless warbling and made up progressions etc.
I can imagine some of it being a bit self indulgent ( ooh look at me I'm a great musician ) to the detriment of the music a la prog rock wank !

Guessing you've listened to Miles Davis, Charlie Parker, Charles Mingus, Ella Fitzgerald, John Coltrane etc.?

Give "The Epic" by Kamasi Washington a shot. He played on Kendrick Lamar's "To Pimp a Butterfly" and did a lot of the musical arrangement. His album is a triple so long but both beautiful and exciting in parts.

:lol:

He is f***ing class, great shout.

Back