Jazz

You are good with the Redneck tone in your voice.
This a cover of the song but that's not me I'm much uglier than that but I can play like this if a feel like it.

Prodigal Son

Its a drop D tuning not an easy song to play I have snapped a few guitar strings tuning into this song.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's mint actually :
Logon or register to see this image

:cool:

Commercial easy listening pop jazz. :p;)

I've decided I like it, there's some superb musicianship on it - I am particularly in awe of the trombone player - but generally there's just too much going on and after two and a half hours it just makes me hanker after some jazz played by a quartet.
Definitely more accessible...

Do you guys know Karl Denson's Tiny Universe? Mostly the jazz-funk end of the spectrum but pushes the boundaries a bit more than most j-f bands.

He's played with loads of other bands and people.

The Bridge is a fantastic album. Very eclectic. Great one to recommend to jazz beginners as it treads so many different paths with a nice mixture of instrumental and vocal tracks.

Dammit the only vids I can find of the opening track are really shite sound quality. Hmm, it seems there's a disappointing lack of high quality versions of most of the album on YouTube. Ah well, some of it is on there. Mostly the vocal stuff, like. Not so much of the more jazzy stuff is on there. :evil:

Some of it's pretty light...

Some of it's almost psychedelic rock with a Lenny Kravitz ring to it (he actually played for Kravitz for a bit in his live band iirc)... (sorry for the wank sound quality of this one. It's loads better on the CD)

...but my favourite track on the album features slam poet/musician/actor Saul Williams...

Last edited:
Jazz....a group of musicians, each playing a different tune, each playing to a different time, and some wifey wailing in the background.

Gimme prog any time.

Back