Jamie Oliver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Only been to the one in Edinburgh. Portions small, quality ok but not outstanding. £4.50 for a small beer. We all said we wouldn't go back. Says it all really.

I quite like him but not a massive fan of the restaurants themselves. Amongst other things, both the menu and the standard of food have shown a definite decline.

Not tried those restaurants and the bloke does get on me tits a bit but...
What he did (tried to do) in relation to obesity he was on a hiding to nothing, an impossible task but he tried. If just half of his ideas had been supported properly there may have been a chance of curbing obesity.
Definitely spoke a lot of sense on that subject, respect him lots for it.

Tried making one of his Twenty Minutes Meals once. Took me forty-five minutes and the kitchen was a mess in the end. Was tasty though.

I like him because his recipe books did demystify a lot of the mystique around preparing easy nutritious tasty food.
However his restaurants we went to served no better food than what most of us could cook at home if we followed his recipe book. The experience was underwhelming when you took in the price and the jammed to capacity, almost up market canteen, experience.
I'm sure he started off with the best of intentions and a fair amout of honest passion but everyone gets stale, becomes a stereotype of who they once were given his degree of exposure.
But he did get people into employment, he did help turn peoples lives round.
But everything, every concept, every cheeky chappie even has a shelf life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back