Jamie Oliver

Bearing in mind how cheap pasta is, I doubt that happened.

Not the scene that was created, but it being the same pasta scooped up from the floor.
It was obvious to us as well what happened. The dish dropped but Not all of the food went on the floor. Just about 1/4 of it. I’d say they’d just added some more pasta but kept the sauce. They didn’t have time to make another. It was a fresh fish and cream concoction not a bog standard tomato base.

It was obvious to us as well what happened. The dish dropped but Not all of the food went on the floor. Just about 1/4 of it. I’d say they’d just added some more pasta but kept the sauce. They didn’t have time to make another. It was a fresh fish and cream concoction not a bog standard tomato base.

Fish and cream :eek::eek::eek::eek:

I see.

I find it hard to square the 2 sides of his persona.

On one hand, he seems genuinely concerned about healthy eating and raising awareness of the (essentially) poison we've been giving our kids for far too long

On the other hand, he's sold out more times than Krusty the Clown. He's got his name on just about anything you can think of.

Been twice for food when the one in Newcastle first opened. The food and service was so bad the first time that I got a freebie for the second time. Service had improved but food was still shit.

That Liberta lager they do is canny though so popped in quite a few times for a pint of that.

Wasn’t it the duck surprise?
No, the duck episode was when he beat the car :lol: and the duck got swapped for a blancmange (?). I think it was veal that Terry had put rat poison on and the cat ate it and threw up but the cat wasn't really ill so that meant that veal was okay. This would make a decent comedy :lol:

No, the duck episode was when he beat the car :lol: and the duck got swapped for a blancmange (?). I think it was veal that Terry had put rat poison on and the cat ate it and threw up but the cat wasn't really ill so that meant that veal was okay. This would make a decent comedy :lol:

Yep. I watched 'Basil the Rat' recently. That was pretty much the plot... basically, which veal is safe and which isn't. Ends with the rat in the cheese biscuits.

Rule of thumb for a good plate donkey is to leave food/plate in a place that can be seen until a replacement is brought to the table.
Had that discussion at a very high volume with a waiter and manager years ago while telling them to ring the police as we were leaving and also not paying for our drinks.

We got an offer for 4 meals for a tenner each (main and pud) a few years ago and decided to treat our friends. Took ages to get served and we ended up drinking quite a few by the time we were served - so the ale bill cost us nearly twice what the food did. Was well miffed and have never been back...

Less than £30 ahead seems canny for 2 courses and a fair amount of drink

went out to eat in Edinburgh a couple of years ago and everywhere was rammed or fully booked, except his place which was deserted. spoke volumes really, we ended up at a chippy.

Back