Jacob Young

Status
Not open for further replies.
what other attitude can you have? there really is nothing you can do about it

wouldn't pay too much attention to results at that level we weren't even in the top flight of u23's yet have produced Rice and Diangana for the first team with others ready to come through

that is the ONLY result that matters with youth football - players in the 1st team

There is plenty that you can do to limit the situation. A never-ending scope in which you can improve your club, the atmosphere, the education, the training, the route to first-team football, future earning. Endless ways in which to improve.

There will always be situations where someone will either not appreciate what you're trying to do or can better themselves elsewhere. But to do nothing to limit those occurrences is either lazy or lacking ideas.

There is plenty that you can do to limit the situation. A never-ending scope in which you can improve your club, the atmosphere, the education, the training, the route to first-team football, future earning. Endless ways in which to improve.

There will always be situations where someone will either not appreciate what you're trying to do or can better themselves elsewhere. But to do nothing to limit those occurrences is either lazy or lacking ideas.
but as of now you will still be a Div 1 club with the likes of the European Champions sniffing around

you would hope parents would realise it may be better to be there with an easier route to the first team (applies to us as well) , but many don't

but as of now you will still be a Div 1 club with the likes of the European Champions sniffing around

you would hope parents would realise it may be better to be there with an easier route to the first team (applies to us as well) , but many don't

Completely agree, but to state "there is nothing we can do", to me is the absolute antitheses of a successful football club.

Completely agree, but to state "there is nothing we can do", to me is the absolute antitheses of a successful football club.
ok more accurate to say you could do absolutely everything in you power - but still won't stop this happening

You would be happy for people responsible for the club to hold there hands up and say because there are obstacles and it can be difficult, sometimes impossible so we shouldn't even bother trying to improve?

It's not black and white as some would have you believe.

It's easy to be outraged and say the owners are allowing young players to leave the club, however if players want to leave there's really nothing the club can do about it apart from trying to get the best deal we can for them. People might not like it but that's the way it is. We poached plenty of players from lower league clubs when we were in the premier league (did WE give a shit about lower league clubs) When a club in a higher league comes knocking players will be off.

Just looked at the safc site and it just says this;
One of nine new faces in Sunderland under-18 squad this season, Jacob joined the club as a central defender.

Jacob is a tall, commanding left-footed defender with an excellent hard-working attitude.

It looks like he was only with us for a season. Aussie kid. Never made much of an impact. Ho-Hum. Non story.
BTW you have to remember that 'stories' in newspapers are only there to stop the adverts from bumping into each other!;)

He only played 14 games last season

More accurate to say that when someone comes along from a higher league club with an offer we can't match, then there's nothing we can do.

I disagree, you can't stop the offers but you can change your clubs perception and worth. There are many cases of players staying with a club as opposed to chasing money or status.

It quite simply isn't the absolute truth that should a club higher up the pecking order comes knocking, a player of that age will jump at it.

It's easy to be outraged and say the owners are allowing young players to leave the club, however if players want to leave there's really nothing the club can do about it apart from trying to get the best deal we can for them. People might not like it but that's the way it is. We poached plenty of players from lower league clubs when we were in the premier league (did WE give a shit about lower league clubs) When a club in a higher league comes knocking players will be off.
you can't even do that there is a set limit you can get, it's either 150k or 350k I forget which

I respectfully disagree, this is an elite academy with a club that at this moment in time has what should be an easy route to playing first-team football. I hope those at the club are not as bereft in idea's nor ambition.

I disagree, you can't stop the offers but you can change your clubs perception and worth. There are many cases of players staying with a club as opposed to chasing money or status.

It quite simply isn't the absolute truth that should a club higher up the pecking order comes knocking, a player of that age will jump at it.
it isnt true 100 pc of the time-but it is most of the time.
A lot of the remedies you propose are the tight nes-they probably all are-but they are things that can mostly ony be achieved over the medium and long-term.
Right now we are a legaue one club that fucked up every league we have been in for years and years-changing that perception will take time. Its absolutely vital we do it..but it takes time. Too many of our fans want a return to the ellis shrt model-not realising that a successful version of that doesnt exist, and never has. This attitude means its hard fpr safc to do it..imagine if SD had said at the start of the seaoson-or in jan. we didnt need to spend money on a striker we should be playing the kids as its better for the ling-term? The threat to harm his children would have been the least of it!

you can't even do that there is a set limit you can get, it's either 150k or 350k I forget which

We've negotiated deals for several schoolboys this year as opposed to the standard compensation (what you're talking of) that you receive once they are out of contract and move.

Aye your right, The big fish will eat the little fish...

#120,000 is the max you can get -

Compensation formula for academy players when joining another club
Age group of player
Category of club academy leaving Applicable annual fixed fee - new club to pay
U9 to U11 All Categories £3,000
U12 to U16 Category 1 £40,000
U12 to U16 Category 2 £25,000
U12 to U16 Category 3 £12,500

Academy football: Zac Brunt case - is £120,000 fee for a 15-year-old what really happens?

Of course sometimes the big fish spit out the wrong morsels, like Chelsea letting Rice go at 14-15, was mentioend today as 80m quids worth

We've negotiated deals for several schoolboys this year as opposed to the standard compensation (what you're talking of) that you receive once they are out of contract and move.
this is right-but when we do it-our fans say we are touting the players around-they are in the sense that they want lots of bidders-but it only happens after the player stated in writing they want to leave.

I respectfully disagree, this is an elite academy with a club that at this moment in time has what should be an easy route to playing first-team football. I hope those at the club are not as bereft in idea's nor ambition.

and because we have an elite academy but play in League 1 we'll see this happening again. Btw I don't like this as much as you but unless the players want to stay clubs from higher leagues will always tempt players with better deals.

and because we have an elite academy but play in League 1 we'll see this happening again. Btw I don't like this as much as you but unless the players want to stay clubs from higher leagues will always tempt players with better deals.
and the c;lubs in the higher leagues may also have the elite academy.

it isnt true 100 pc of the time-but it is most of the time.
A lot of the remedies you propose are the tight nes-they probably all are-but they are things that can mostly ony be achieved over the medium and long-term.
Right now we are a legaue one club that fucked up every league we have been in for years and years-changing that perception will take time. Its absolutely vital we do it..but it takes time. Too many of our fans want a return to the ellis shrt model-not realising that a successful version of that doesnt exist, and never has. This attitude means its hard fpr safc to do it..imagine if SD had said at the start of the seaoson-or in jan. we didnt need to spend money on a striker we should be playing the kids as its better for the ling-term? The threat to harm his children would have been the least of it!

There is a lot of stuff in there I disagree with but staying on topic, it is medium and long term, are we starting it now? If so, and we have short term losses then I'm fine with that. What I have read suggests it isn't something being correctly implemented.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back