Jacob Young

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are so many ways Rich. Im not going to type out an essay or am I saying that this lad would have stayed had we done things better, but can you imagine how damaging an attitude of "it happens elsewhere, what can we do?" would be if it was held by the club?
So, in essence, you don't have an answer

Young was never mentioned by people who watch the U23's as one who could make the move up - generally we don't see good CB's in the club. The loss of Young doesn't seem to be a major worry BUT the trend of losing youngsters is a big worry. I don't think its down to Ross not playing younsters. Its down to the fact that we've got 2 youth products as England regulars and we are in League One and so lots of scouts are looking at our academy as cheap pickings. Not sure what we can do about it but it is a worrying trend.

Young was never mentioned by people who watch the U23's as one who could make the move up - generally we don't see good CB's in the club. The loss of Young doesn't seem to be a major worry BUT the trend of losing youngsters is a big worry. I don't think its down to Ross not playing younsters. Its down to the fact that we've got 2 youth products as England regulars and we are in League One and so lots of scouts are looking at our academy as cheap pickings. Not sure what we can do about it but it is a worrying trend.
He was knocked down the pecking order, wrongly, with the signing of Bainbridge, who is shite.

You can't blame the lad for wanting to leave based on that.

I never saw a game where he looked like an RB either. He’s nothing more than a tryer.
Perhaps, but he is a bloody good tryer! Actually think he's a bit better than that, he's athletic, a good header of the ball and could become a good RB with more practice - it isn't easy to get a defenders habits overnight

Polish a turd? Keep players we don’t believe are good enough at the expense of developing someone else who is?
Or maybe cashing in on a bit compensation?

From my own opinion he was worth keeping around for another 2 years and try and develop him further.

I wrote "I'm not going to type out an essay" in the post you originally quoted?

I felt the post was easy to understand and yet you have found so many ways in which to misinterpret it. I'm beginning to feel as if you have an ulterior motive?
No ulterior motive, no misinterpretation and not looking for "essay". A couple of examples would at least show that you do indeed have some idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back