Jack Ross...16 Games Left As SAFC Manager?

Unfortunately we don’t have a god given right to be walking this league. It’s going to take time to get a team together with the right mix of quality (to get out of this league), brawn (severely lacking in this squad), a defence that can defend, a couple of strikers who can score and leaders on the pitch. We are a few transfer windows away from that and in all ikelihood will lose some top earners. It might take a couple of years looking at some of our performances this season. FTM

Didn't JR buy 5 CB's and at least 3 strikers ?

What if we got to the play off final and lost on penalties? That would be very harsh.

Don’t think it would. Shouldn’t be in the playoffs to begin with. Penalties are a hazard associated with f***ing up the season in the first place

If we go up via them I personally won't care less, mate.

What do you realistically think our chances are in them? Interested in a happy clappers honest view. I couldn’t be more down about our playoff chances if it comes to that

Why take the risk of giving him any more money or any more time? It's looking highly likely this season will have been a huge waste. And the finances tighten in yet further. We can't afford another failure next season, why would we let a manager who has shown absolutely nothing whatsoever balls next season up as well?

Keep him. I like him. I think he’ll improve and I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt.

I also agree with a previous poster that I don’t the owners will be too bothered if we don’t go up.

Better pedigree, he's done fuck all in his career
Neither has any other young manager starting out. We’ve made a decision to go with someone who the owners think has what it takes and is on the up, no point in changing him for someone else as you’ve got to the give the bloke some time imho. Changing the manager perpetually doesn’t work. Why do you think we’ll get if we change btw?

Don’t think it would. Shouldn’t be in the playoffs to begin with. Penalties are a hazard associated with f***ing up the season in the first place

What do you realistically think our chances are in them? Interested in a happy clappers honest view. I couldn’t be more down about our playoff chances if it comes to that

I wouldn't call myself a happy clapper mind but, I'd say, with a near full house, as good a chance as any. We've taken 4 points from Charlton and Barnsley and have Pompey next up at home who are the only side in the top 6 to beat us.

Well judging by the responses so far to this thread the writing is on the wall for the lad. I'm not surprised as:

1. We should not be in this division (not his fault obviously)
2. We should be doing better than we are
3. Football is a results orientated business
4. The pressure to get SAFC out of here, pronto, is enormous, and
5. The performances at home, in particular, have been totally unacceptable

I cannot back a manager who, with the resources SAFC has, cannot get us out of this pitifully poor division at the first attempt. I just cant do it. For me I'd sack him if we dont go up this season, but I could understand why you would give him say 10 games next season.

If this is a genuine comment and not a wind up this is up their with the stupidest things I've ever seen on this message board
Are you being serious? Donald has already said clauses make the wage bill go up and it means they’d need to find a way to generate extra revenue. It’s fairly obvious they don’t have much money to spend.

Neither has any other young manager starting out. We’ve made a decision to go with someone who the owners think has what it takes and is on the up, no point in changing him for someone else as you’ve got to the give the bloke some time imho. Changing the manager perpetually doesn’t work. Why do you think we’ll get if we change btw?

the guy had zero knowledge of league one, it was a poor appointment. If this was grayson would you be saying the same thing?

There’s little point letting him run into next season unless he can convince the regime that he can see where it’s gone wrong for us this season (poor recruitment, gameplan consisting of ‘give it to Geads’, lack of modern approach in playing style and ignorance of analytics). However there little point in him knowing where it’s gone wrong this season if the regime couldn’t understand that if it was staring them in the face. I don’t have much confidence that Donald can appoint a better manager - and even less that the way the club is currently set up would be any more able to produce success with a new manager than it is with Ross.

Unfortunately we don’t have a god given right to be walking this league. It’s going to take time to get a team together with the right mix of quality (to get out of this league), brawn (severely lacking in this squad), a defence that can defend, a couple of strikers who can score and leaders on the pitch. We are a few transfer windows away from that and in all ikelihood will lose some top earners. It might take a couple of years looking at some of our performances this season. FTM
we need someone with experience - JR has not got a clue

Last edited:

Back