Jack Rodwell to the rescue

Still feels so surreal, I remember when he played for Everton and he seemed to have real potential to be an England player and get 50+ caps, joining City before they needed English talent for numbers sake so seemed a genuinely great move for the lad, didn’t work for whatever reason (Now we know) and joined us.

I was buzzing when we signed him thought we’d managed to pull off a great deal for 10m. City must have been pissing themselves laughing knowing what a lazy unmotivated twat he was.

We’ve had some shite come here and flop or do naff all but Rodwell is by far the worst, very few people had a bad thing to say when we signed him but even the most pessimistic person could never have predicted what an absolute pile of shit he’d turn out to be. Then followed up with his arrogance thinking he should be in the England squad despite doing fuck all for us and putting not even the bare minimum effort in to training.

If ever a footballer could be done for fraud Rodwell is the one.

Last edited:
This bloke has the luck of the devil. How in god's name is he still a top flight pro footballer?

He must pass stringent medicals presumably, the likes of Wilder must rate his ability, so why is he seen less often than rocking horse shite? 🤔🤔🤔

despite doing fuck all for us and putting not even the bare minimum effort in to training.

I think he must be good in training, whenever we got a new coach they would get him in the team.
Persevere week after week till they finally cottoned on that what he did in training he couldn't do on a match day.
Has to be mental weakness.
And I know loads of folk choosing between utility bill payments and kids stocking fillers this month.

100% Kids, then beans on toast throughout January.

Last edited:
I think he must be good in training, whenever we got a new coach they would get him in the team.
Persevere week after week till they finally cottoned on that what he did in training he couldn't do on a match day.
Has to be mental weakness.

100% Kids, then beans on toast throughout January.

Aye but a tougher choice if your on a bastard prepay meter like my mate.

Still feels so surreal, I remember when he played for Everton and he seemed to have real potential to be an England player and get 50+ caps, joining City before they needed English talent for numbers sake so seemed a genuinely great move for the lad, didn’t work for whatever reason (Now we know) and joined us.

I was buzzing when we signed him thought we’d managed to pull off a great deal for 10m. City must have been pissing themselves laughing knowing what a lazy unmotivated twat he was.

We’ve had some shite come here and flop or do naff all but Rodwell is by far the worst, very few people had a bad thing to say when we signed him but even the most pessimistic person could never have predicted what an absolute pile of shit he’d turn out to be. Then followed up with his arrogance thinking he should be in the England squad despite doing fuck all for us and putting not even the bare minimum effort in to training.

If ever a footballer could be done for fraud Rodwell is the one.
I take no pleasure in pointing out that I was on here the night we signed him saying that “ this may be the worst signing in my living memory ( am 67 ). I called him lazy and and a sick note FFS.

I take no pleasure in pointing out that I was on here the night we signed him saying that “ this may be the worst signing in my living memory ( am 67 ). I called him lazy and and a sick note FFS.
You would have been correct.

The days I listened to talksport Hawksby and Jacob's had Darren Campbell on the day he signed and he said he was good friends with rodwell and said his hamstrings were shot due to running style .

You would have been correct.

The days I listened to talksport Hawksby and Jacob's had Darren Campbell on the day he signed and he said he was good friends with rodwell and said his hamstrings were shot due to running style .
Presumably due to his style of running being extremely best described as fitful at best, the lazy get.

Back