It's back - World Cup qualifying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keeper got hands but Griezeman scores, 1-2 now.

It's great having the red button on and pressing a number to switch between the 3 games. Great stuff from Sky.

Was at the Portugal Hungary game in Lyon last summer. What a game! Couldn't take your eyes off it.

That was the first game when i got back home after 12 days in France. I opted to watch the Iceland-Austria game instead, not as good, but a very memorable ending. I've got the Portugal game on in the background on the laptop and it does seem more one way traffic this time.

Bosnia won 5-0 against Gibraltar, but its the taking part that counts

It was discussed earlier, but a big shame the way the games were scheduled today. You had a lot of poor looking games at 5pm with that Sweden game looking the best of a bad bunch, whereas tonight which was much better (on paper), you currently have:

Bulgaria 2 Netherlands 0 :eek:
Belgium 0 Greece 1 :eek:
Luxembourg 1 France 2, with the home side level at 1-1 for a bit
Portugal 2 Hungary 0 - seems a routine home win

But would have been a lot better had one of these evening games been on at 5pm, I'd have watched all of them over that Sweden game.

Again, I'm watching this Belgium game and quite enjoying them behind and getting frustrated, but at the same time, I'd far rather see e.g. Belgium vs Chile etc next year more than Greece vs Chile, but it's nice not seeing qualification going 100% to plan and thus people complaining about 'boring internationals' with foregone conclusions.

Greece down to 10 men now, so an interesting last 25 here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back