It's back - World Cup qualifying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Did you see the first half Hank? Bolivia playing very well.

Wow, 2-0 Bolivia now. Argentina could genuinely struggle to get the 5th place play off spot the way it's going. Be a shame if they missed out mind.

Bit of it marra couldn't stand the Greek commentators on my stream :lol:

The other stream wasn't working on my sm :evil:

Bit of it marra couldn't stand the Greek commentators on my stream :lol:

The other stream wasn't working on my sm :evil:

I'm still on the old streams, got a perfect one and it is an English commentator who I recognise, but can't recall. Hasn't buffered once so all good. 3

5th place side will play New Zealand in the playoffs so more than likely the top 5 will qualify but there will be one very good side who miss out altogether.

Just seen that Colombia lead in Ecuador so that might open it up a bit and put pressure on the Ecuadorans. Will be a very poor few days if Ecuador end up losing both of their matches in this round of games.

Last edited:
Chile 2 up in the first 10 minutes.

Day couldn't of gotten any worse for Ecuador. And 2 of their 4 remaining games are vs Brazil and Argentina. What an absolute miserable day for them lot :D

Chile 2 up in the first 10 minutes.

Day couldn't of gotten any worse for Ecuador. And 2 of their 4 remaining games are vs Brazil and Argentina. What an absolute miserable day for them lot :D

Argentina losing to Bolivia will have helped. Assuming Colombia win, it may well come down to Ecuador vs Argentina as to who gets the playoff spot and who misses out altogether. Messi banned for 3 more games and they were very poor tonight. There'll likely be a lot more twists and turns though.

Oviedo's Costa Rica were a goal behind in Honduras last i saw.

Argentina losing to Bolivia will have helped. Assuming Colombia win, it may well come down to Ecuador vs Argentina as to who gets the playoff spot and who misses out altogether. Messi banned for 3 more games and they were very poor tonight. There'll likely be a lot more twists and turns though.

Oviedo's Costa Rica were a goal behind in Honduras last i saw.

Ecuador have to play Chile too, with Argentina playing Peru that day. Could already be over by the time the 2 teams meet.

Realistically they need a positive result against Brazil while Argentina lose to Uruguay (latter part isn't asking much but the former is) then for Ecuador to beat Chile, it's too much like. Think the top 5 after tonight will stay how it is - Not in that precise order mind.

Ecuador have to play Chile too, with Argentina playing Peru that day. Could already be over by the time the 2 teams meet.

Realistically they need a positive result against Brazil while Argentina lose to Uruguay (latter part isn't asking much but the former is) then for Ecuador to beat Chile, it's too much like. Think the top 5 after tonight will stay how it is - Not in that precise order mind.

Yeah, just had a more detailed look at the table and remaining fixtures and you are probably right. Really poor for them to get 0 points from these 2 recent matches, especially tonight as they are usually so good at home. I bet New Zealand were hoping Ecuador ended up finishing 5th - gonna be really tough for them whoever they play if it is the current top 5.

3-0 Chile now. Was gonna watch the second half after Costa Rica and Ecuador matches but won't now. Might watch the first half of T&T-Mexico, but more like just go to bed at 12 now.

1-1 now in the Honduras - Costa Rica game now. You keeping an eye on the CONCACAF section @coyneeee

Last edited:
Yeah, just had a more detailed look at the table and remaining fixtures and you are probably right. Really poor for them to get 0 points from these 2 recent matches, especially tonight as they are usually so good at home. I bet New Zealand were hoping Ecuador ended up finishing 5th - gonna be really tough for them whoever they play if it is the current top 5.

3-0 Chile now. Was gonna watch the second half after Costa Rica and Ecuador matches but won't now. Might watch the first half of T&T-Mexico, but more like just go to bed at 12 now.

1-1 now in the Honduras - Costa Rica game now. You keeping an eye on the CONCACAF section @coyneeee

Never seen CONACAF tbh pal.

There is an alternative for Ecuador mind, but it requires Paraguay beating Chile, then Bolivia beating Chile in La Paz then Ecuador beating them winning which is actually more realistic than knocking the Argies out

Never seen CONACAF tbh pal.

There is an alternative for Ecuador mind, but it requires Paraguay beating Chile, then Bolivia beating Chile in La Paz then Ecuador beating them winning which is actually more realistic than knocking the Argies out

While it's great seeing these twists and turns in qualifying, as a neutral, it would be better for the tournament itself if the current top 5 qualified. It would be a massive story if Argentina missed out but ultimately I think the tournament needs them.

You should keep am eye on CONCACAF. Main problem is the times are usually early hours although you do get one or two games at 10 or 11 like this one here but this section is very tight as well. USA lost their first two matches but thrashed Honduras the other night.

CONCACAF playoff team plays one from Asia.

This Caribbean commentator is cracking me up here :lol:

While it's great seeing these twists and turns in qualifying, as a neutral, it would be better for the tournament itself if the current top 5 qualified. It would be a massive story if Argentina missed out but ultimately I think the tournament needs them.

You should keep am eye on CONCACAF. Main problem is the times are usually early hours although you do get one or two games at 10 or 11 like this one here but this section is very tight as well. USA lost their first two matches but thrashed Honduras the other night.

CONCACAF playoff team plays one from Asia.

This Caribbean commentator is cracking me up here :lol:

Saw the yanks initially struggling, atleast the losses exposed Klinssman for the wanker he is :D

Trinidad giving as good as they are getting here in the opening 25 mins, I'm blatantly going to be staying up til 2am :lol::oops:. Still 0-0.

Had a soft spot for Panama and was gutted they missed out on a playoff spot 4 years ago so I hope they can get something later, although that won't go down well with the American / American based posters on here.

Jaysy spider sense tingling...cheeky £30 on a dibble dabble double for ol J-J :cool:

PAN - U.S away win
Peru Uruguay away win & BTTS

#onit

The two draws have kept CONCACAF interesting for now at least but ultimately, I'd expect Mexico, Costa Rica and the USA to qualify with Panama or Honduras in the playoff.

CONMEBOL is still interesting. Anyone from 2nd to 6th could still qualify and anyone from 2nd to 8th could reach the playoff. Uruguay-Argentina now becomes massive in the next round of games.

In the OFC, New Zealand are through to the final playoff but can still meet any of the three teams in the other group (Tahiti, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands) depending on the results of the two games between PNG and the Solomons.

The two draws have kept CONCACAF interesting for now at least but ultimately, I'd expect Mexico, Costa Rica and the USA to qualify with Panama or Honduras in the playoff.

CONMEBOL is still interesting. Anyone from 2nd to 6th could still qualify and anyone from 2nd to 8th could reach the playoff. Uruguay-Argentina now becomes massive in the next round of games.

In the OFC, New Zealand are through to the final playoff but can still meet any of the three teams in the other group (Tahiti, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands) depending on the results of the two games between PNG and the Solomons.

Yeah, at least the big 3 aren't running away with it, particularly the States but the 3 less fancied sides were all at home and didn't record a win between them. Mexico look good, particularly after having 3 away matches. USA should end the first half with a victory over T&T. Like you say, playoff looks between Panama and Honduras and the return match in Panama will likely decide who gets that spot.

Asia is pretty interesting as well. I can't see past any of the current top 3 in both groups, but unlike CONMEBOL where the 5th place playoff side 'should' comfortably make the World Cup, here it is important to avoid it as not only do they have to play 3rd place in the other Asian group, they will also have to play Honduras / Panama in the intercontinental playoff and you'd probably make Uzbekistan or Saudi second favourite in that situation. Australia would probably be 50/50.

Iran look good in Group A, both Uzbekistan and South Korea still have to play Iran as well as each other on the final round (in Uzbek) which will be huge if they both match each others results up until then. Group B is so hard to call, i think Saudi will finish 3rd, but 3 points separates the top 3 and they all have to play each other so some very big games there, including Australia vs Saudi in June.

You'd probably fancy the current to 5 in CONMEBOL to remain there and the 5th place team should qualify for the world cup but they will want to avoid it if possible. Disastrous period for Ecuador who would have been targeting atleast 3, probably 4 from their two games but ended with 0. Peru got 4 points so have an outside chance particularly with Bolivia (home) next, but they'll have to get something away to Argentina and Ecuador to have any real chance. Uruguay vs Argentina next time out is pretty big after recent results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back