Israel Record Highest Cases Yet

There is a lot of evidence that it reduces transmission significantly around 50-60% from the last stuff I read so unless you have some research that no-one has seen its not 'clear as day'

There seems to be loads of people around that cant comprehend that a reduction in transmission doesnt mean zero cases if you are vaccinated so therefore conclude the vaccine doesnt work. This is one of the things anti-vax use to prop up their opinions on the vaccine and its nonsense
Is that for Delta though?

The level of delta virus in infected vaccinated people is the same as unvaccinated, and therefore probably as transmissible.

Is that for Delta though?

The level of delta virus in infected vaccinated people is the same as unvaccinated, and therefore probably as transmissible.

From what is coming out now it looks like the viral load is similar if you get infected but you are less likely to catch it in the first instance

From BMJ article

Data up to 4 August from Imperial College London’s React study found that people who said they had received two vaccine doses were half as likely to test positive for covid-19, adjusting for other factors such as age and whether or not they had symptoms.3 The researchers estimated a 50-60% lower risk of infection from the delta variant if a person was double vaccinated.

Data published by the Israeli government suggest that the Pfizer BioNTech jab’s efficacy against symptomatic infection fell from 94% to 64% after the delta variant began spreading in the country.4

Figures from Public Health Scotland published in the Lancet also show a drop in protection against symptomatic illness,5 from 92% against the alpha variant, which was first detected in the UK, to 79% against delta among people with two doses of the Pfizer BioNTech vaccine. For the Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine, the reduction was from 73% to 60%

It encourages people to get the vaccine
If people face restrictions then those that are wavering will get the jab
The vaccine also does reduce transmission so vaccinated people are less likley to catch and pass it on
You know all this as its been stated 500 billion times already on here
To be honest for me it's done the exact opposite as those first two points you make. The third point is fair enough but what happens if someone brings back some new mutant to the UK. The vaccine passport would have some credibility if it allowed for immunity from prior infection or even a negative PCR test.

To be honest for me it's done the exact opposite as those first two points you make. The third point is fair enough but what happens if someone brings back some new mutant to the UK. The vaccine passport would have some credibility if it allowed for immunity from prior infection or even a negative PCR test.

Why complicate things to appease people though. Its a simple get the vaccine and you get the passport. Also there isnt one in the UK! We have one in place in BC and its great - its encouraged thousands to get the shot

For an illustration I have a patient list of 1800 people, I would estimate 1300 have had the vaccine and I have 1 person with a minor annoying issue after the vaccine. I have had one death, 2 now on ITU and around 6 long covid in the unvaccinated

So 1 minor issue in 1300 people
1 death, 2 critically ill and 6 folk with chronic ill health out of 500 people

Its pure stubborness why some people wont get the shot

Like an ex pat Boro fan?

We don’t have passports so its hard to say exactly how it’s work but the nhs covid pass allows for immunity from prior infection and a negative pcr test you Wally.

You do realise there will be plenty without them as you don't actually need them, keep up your guard, get yourself a Scuba diving mask.
It will be mandatory here, how it will be enforced is another matter.
Not really sure what point you’re trying to make but crack on

Back