Isolation drinking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heineken tonight, work have emailed round saying for everyone who are 'working from home' to take the Friday's in April off, don't answer emails, don't schedule meetings etc, therefore tonight is basically my Friday.

Sainsbury's have 4 pint cans for £5 which I thought was pretty reasonable.

15 of the 440 cans for tenner in Asda

I have just took delivery of my compact sub tap and 4 x torps of Moretti. It works out expensive but I am looking forward to trying it later.
Fancying one of those, only thing holding me back is that I feel I'll be an alcoholic by the end of this and will have to get rid as I have to knock it on the head.
Are they easy to use/taste better than cans etc?

Fancying one of those, only thing holding me back is that I feel I'll be an alcoholic by the end of this and will have to get rid as I have to knock it on the head.
Are they easy to use/taste better than cans etc?

Taste better but I haven't mastered pulling a pint that doesn't look like an ice cream yet. Done a 2 litre torp tonight and enjoyed the novelty though.

I've found my drinking habits completely changed because of this.
Typically, I rarely drink at home. But I do go to the pub at least twice a week, once for the quiz, then usually on a Friday with the wife to meet friends. If we are up north, there would be a few pints before the match, or with my dad in his local.

Obviously, when the pubs shut I went out and got a load of cans. I've barely touched them. I've had a bit more whiskey than normal, and had a few Gin & Tonics (something I never drink in the pub), but overall, my alcohol consumption has gone down drastically. I just cant seem to get in the mood for it.

Mrs calls halt to play, apparently drinking every night just cause you don't have to go to work isn't mandatory? :eek:
Cans are more consistent than pubs with poorly kept lines I find. Just have to drink them quick.

Pint bottles, 4 for £6 from Asda and chilled till nearly frozen.....Never drink cans.

I've found my drinking habits completely changed because of this.
Typically, I rarely drink at home. But I do go to the pub at least twice a week, once for the quiz, then usually on a Friday with the wife to meet friends. If we are up north, there would be a few pints before the match, or with my dad in his local.

Obviously, when the pubs shut I went out and got a load of cans. I've barely touched them. I've had a bit more whiskey than normal, and had a few Gin & Tonics (something I never drink in the pub), but overall, my alcohol consumption has gone down drastically. I just cant seem to get in the mood for it.
I'm similar actually. Despite having a load of booze at my fingertips and working from home, I've barely touched anything. Had two 330ml cans of Maltsmiths on Sunday afternoon while relaxing watching Raising Arizona post Sunday dinner and nowt since. In a normal week I'd be drinking for the match, spangled at Sunday club, and in the pub for 2-3 looseners at least 3 times in the week. I reckon a lot of it is stress drinking. Working from home I don't feel half the daily grind I do going into work, so don't have the urgent need for a release, and the weekends are nowt different to the weekday now really, so no desire to do my ends then either.

I'm similar actually. Despite having a load of booze at my fingertips and working from home, I've barely touched anything. Had two 330ml cans of Maltsmiths on Sunday afternoon while relaxing watching Raising Arizona post Sunday dinner and nowt since. In a normal week I'd be drinking for the match, spangled at Sunday club, and in the pub for 2-3 looseners at least 3 times in the week. I reckon a lot of it is stress drinking. Working from home I don't feel half the daily grind I do going into work, so don't have the urgent need for a release, and the weekends are nowt different to the weekday now really, so no desire to do my ends then either.

It just doesnt feel right drinking at home (whiskey excepted). To me alcohol only seems to "work" in company or where theres something going on.

I had a bottle of Old Empire tonight, thoroughly enjoyed it but there was nothing in me desperate to have another. If that had been a pint in the pub on a Friday, or if I'd been watching a match, Id already be looking forward to the next one.

On the other hand, good whiskey doesnt seem to work for me in a pub or at a match. Its best enjoyed alone, or with someone else who appreciates it. Very strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back