Isolation drinking

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only drink twice a week Thurs - Sun and Mon - Wed.
Shouldn't joke about a serious subject but life's too short, as long as you limit your intake and the regularity of it, it shouldn't become a problem. I try to stop off during the week but get tempted if watching us play (I think Sunderland and alcohol go together). Did Stop-October so know I can knock it off if required.
Enjoy if you do, enjoy not doing it if you don't. 🍺 👍

I only drink twice a week Thurs - Sun and Mon - Wed.
Shouldn't joke about a serious subject but life's too short, as long as you limit your intake and the regularity of it, it shouldn't become a problem. I try to stop off during the week but get tempted if watching us play (I think Sunderland and alcohol go together). Did Stop-October so know I can knock it off if required.
Enjoy if you do, enjoy not doing it if you don't. 🍺 👍
Why aye, I only drink once a week unless I've had a particularly shitty day. :lol:
EDIT: I daresay this will probably go up when the weather improves...

Last edited:
I always have done weekends. I don't want to fall into the trap of drinking on week days. Saving it for the weekend still means there's a structure to the week...and I'm at work during the week anyway

Hardly had much this year.

Most of my drinking is done among friends and usually in the pub. No pub and no friends and it just doesn't seem the same.

That said, what I am drinking is completely different to pre covid. I've found a real taste for Stouts and Porters, which is something I never drank before all this. I try and get something to try every time I'm in the supermarket

If I've got drink in I've found I'll have a drink or two most nights. Kind of draws a line between working and having my own time. I tend to just get the 330ml cans or bottles in so not much more than a pint really.

Most Fridays I'll jump on a Zoom call with some mates and drink a bit more. Usually enough to put me off for the Saturday so that's my day off :lol:

Not surprised, sadly. People are bored, have more time on their hands, more money in their pockets because they can’t go anywhere and the weather is shit.
Hard to blame people drinking more during lockdown without more information imo.

Most alcohol specific deaths are from ALD which takes years to develop. Its possible access to support services meant people who would have received treatment didn't get it, I guess.

I could be wrong, it could be an increase in something accute like alcohol poisoning, my intuition makes me think this is likely something that was years in the making rather than 2020 specific though.

@Frijj thoughts?

Fri, saturday and sunday now, few cans and a couple of wines or gins. Habit formed through this sh1te. It is hard to keep off it during week to be honest, especially watching us!

Speaking from experience, he's put years of training into his vodka drinking and has the constitution of a rhino when it comes to imbibing that particular spirit. I'm fairly confident his liver has developed some sort of an immunity to it, like those South African brass who were impervious to the AIDS
:lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back