Isolation drinking

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm trying to limit it to weekend drinking too. Something to look forward to and makes the weekends seem different to every other night of grind indoors

Tried that. Quickly found that becomes boring in that you don't have a beer when you fancying one and then essentially force yourself to sup a canny bit over a couple of days as you've gone without. Now just sup when I fancy it but with the ideal being not consecutive nights.

I do get the bit about it separating the weekend from the week though for those wfh.

Last edited:
Tried that. Quickly found that becomes boring in that you don't have a beer when you fancying one and then essentially force yourself to sup a canny bit over a couple of days as you've gone without. Now just sup when I fancy it but with the ideal being not consecutive nights.

I do get the bit about it separating the weekend from the week though for those wfh.

I still go into work been drinking everynight still though not good really.

Cant remember last time didnt have a drink tbh

I was like that til recently. But often just a glass of wine with bait.

Need to pack it in like or get cutting down at least.

Looking forward to not going to work in dark and finishing in dark. Get out cycling again.
At least feels bit normal and getting out rather than same shit diff day constantly.

All that will do is hit my pocket if enjoy the taste :lol:

Stella is my drink of choice 6 quid for 4 pints.

I think all this has changed plenty of people's habits. A few on another thread said they've gone from quantity to quality, where instead of eight tins for a 10er they're buying three imperial stouts (for example), costing 6/7/8 quid each at 10% ABV.

Edit. Think @Longy said something similar.

Last edited:
Haven't had a drop since the weekend after new year, and not really that arsed tbh. I know as soon as the pubs open though I'll be back at it like a dog with two cocks, so the complete break is probably a good thing

I think all this has changed plenty of people's habits. A few on another thread said they've gone from quantity to quality, where instead of eight tins for a 10er they're buying three imperial stouts (for example), costing 6/7/8 quid each at 10% ABV.

Edit. Think @Longy said something similar.

Mines more of a like a drink and the taste. What had been doing recently though is having a can of proper stella then a bottle of the non alcoholic stella.

Tastes pretty much the same tbh so cuts down a bit.

Mines more of a like a drink and the taste. What had been doing recently though is having a can of proper stella then a bottle of the non alcoholic stella.

Tastes pretty much the same tbh so cuts down a bit.

That's what I was implying marra. The more expensive beers tend to taste better. So people are sacrificing quantity for quality.

Good move though.

I just drink on Mondays and Tuesdays as have my daughter at the weekend.
Have got the first can out the fridge, don't even fancy it tbh just a routine i'm in.

My alcohol tolerance has dropped right down. It's not every weekend I drink now either, I prefer social drinking instead of drinking alone. I've had a few beers watching a film but never been pissed by myself

If I fancied a pint and it was late I'd pop to a 24hour Tesco. You can't do that now so I'd be drinking less. However I decided to pack it in to lose weight in July and had nowt since. I'm not really arsed by it either which is surprising as I can drink like a thirsty fish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back