Is this the golden era of Gaming?

coyneeee

Winger
I've never seen so many highly anticipated releases or high reviews in such a short amount of time, take away the annual games which don't count you've got including games coming out on the next 6 months.

Baldurs Gate 3
Starfield
New Mortal Kombat is very highly rated
Cities Skyline 2
FF14 going full single player
FF7 Rebirth
Total War Pharoah
New Cyberpunk game
New Forza Motorsport

How does 1 person fit in the time to play all these super hot releases :D

I've never seen so many highly anticipated releases or high reviews in such a short amount of time, take away the annual games which don't count you've got including games coming out on the next 6 months.

Baldurs Gate 3
Starfield
Cities Skyline 2
FF7 Rebirth
Total War Pharoah
New Cyberpunk game
New Forza Motorsport

I would argue that the golden age of gaming is about to get better still.

There are a lot of free to play games being created all the time. They directly compete with all those titles. Competition is good for the consumer.

I would argue that the golden age of gaming is about to get better still.

There are a lot of free to play games being created all the time. They directly compete with all those titles. Competition is good for the consumer.
I'd go further and say that it is a constant moving target, as consoles and PCs get more powerful we will only continue to see better and better games. The producers can only piss with the cock they've got

Has been for a few years imo. I have a backlog going back quite some time of games I need and want to get through and it keeps getting pushed back by good nee releases.

Baldurs Gate 3, Starfield and Cities Skyline 2 will take you into the hundreds of hours alone per game

You’re looking at 2024 before you’re done with just 3 of the games on that list :D

I bought MK for the Switch while I’m on the move which is eating up alot of the travel time very nicely

Baldurs Gate 3, Starfield and Cities Skyline 2 will take you into the hundreds of hours alone per game

You’re looking at 2024 before you’re done with just 3 of the games on that list :D

I bought MK for the Switch while I’m on the move which is eating up alot of the travel time very nicely
That is my only complaint about these games…the length. I find games that go over 80 hours too long and I never finish them. I think the vast majority of people are the same. I would rather they spent that development time on making a different game.

Anything over 100 hours is just cock swinging. I bet if you look at the data, only about 1% play over 100 hours on any given single player game.

That is my only complaint about these games…the length. I find games that go over 80 hours too long and I never finish them. I think the vast majority of people are the same. I would rather they spent that development time on making a different game.

Anything over 100 hours is just cock swinging. I bet if you look at the data, only about 1% play over 100 hours on any given single player game.

Nah that's nonsense. And any Fifa or Football Manager player would have a stroke reading that. People want value for their money. I'd rather have a game 200 hours long than something like Metal Gear Solid 2 where the campaign takes like 5 hours or so ffs :D

Nah that's nonsense. And any Fifa or Football Manager player would have a stroke reading that. People want value for their money. I'd rather have a game 200 hours long than something like Metal Gear Solid 2 where the campaign takes like 5 hours or so ffs :D
FIFA and FM aren’t really the genre I was talking about. I’m more thinking about RPGs. 5 hours is too short, but anything over 80 hours is waste. If you play 200 hours on a story driven game then I guess you will be in the 1% I was talking about.

Price should reflect the development time. Just my opinion of course!

FIFA and FM aren’t really the genre I was talking about. I’m more thinking about RPGs. 5 hours is too short, but anything over 80 hours is waste. If you play 200 hours on a story driven game then I guess you will be in the 1% I was talking about.

Price should reflect the development time. Just my opinion of course!

I don't think you'll find many complaining that FF14 going full single player and all 400 hours of it going absolutely free to play.

It's nonsense talk.

The absolute best RPG's out there, BG3, FF14, World of Warcraft, Diablo 2, Skyrim, 80 hours you're barely scratching the surface

Last edited:
It's letting me install Phantom Libety DLC for Cyberpunk 2077 now when it's supposed to be the 24th to play on the 26th. Wonder if it will let me play it?

I don't think you'll find many complaining that FF14 going full single player and all 400 hours of it going absolutely free to play.

It's nonsense talk.

The absolute best RPG's out there, BG3, FF14, World of Warcraft, Diablo 2, Skyrim, 80 hours you're barely scratching the surface
FF7 on ps1 was what started my proper gaiming addiction. up at 5am or up till 5am i'll have a look at 14 didn't like the combat system they introduced in more recent games. Also liked the min-games in 7 and 8

Doesn't feel like a golden age for gaming for me personally. There are a lot of flops even with triple A titles and games clearly being released too early. Starfield was hyped to death but is sitting with a pretty average user score on metacritic.

It'll be different for everyone but it's hard to top that initial WoW era for me. 2004 to 2007.

The new Cyberpunk update is essentially how CD Projekt RED wanted the game to be released.

I used to love the Battlefield games as well but nowadays they are woeful on release and it takes them a year or two to make them decent. By that time, they are infiltrated with cheaters who've bought the game for cheap or made tonnes of free accounts when they are given away.

FIFA as well, the game is all about ultimate team now and becomes more and more pay2win every year and EA put very little back into it in terms of improving the gameplay and servers.
The progression of AI over the next few years is what's going to really change gaming with the possibility of endlessly generated environments, dialogue, storylines etc. We're going to end up with games with incredibly unique playthroughs for each player.

Last edited:
FF7 on ps1 was what started my proper gaiming addiction. up at 5am or up till 5am i'll have a look at 14 didn't like the combat system they introduced in more recent games. Also liked the min-games in 7 and 8

Gold Saucer and Triple Triad is in FF14.. Weirdly enough from next month they're putting the actual Fall Guys game inside the Gold Saucer, it's a very random implementation but Gold Saucer alone takes more than 80 hours of your time never mind the actual game :D
Doesn't feel like a golden age for gaming for me personally. There are a lot of flops even with triple A titles and games clearly being released too early. Starfield was hyped to death but is sitting with a pretty average user score on metacritic.

It'll be different for everyone but it's hard to top that initial WoW era for me. 2004 to 2007.

The new Cyberpunk update is essentially how CD Projekt RED wanted the game to be released.

I used to love the Battlefield games as well but nowadays they are woeful on release and it takes them a year or two to make them decent. By that time, they are infiltrated with cheaters who've bought the game for cheap or made tonnes of free accounts when they are given away.

FIFA as well, the game is all about ultimate team now and becomes more and more pay2win every year and EA put very little back into it in terms of improving the gameplay and servers.
The progression of AI over the next few years is what's going to really change gaming with the possibility of endlessly generated environments, dialogue, storylines etc. We're going to end up with games with incredibly unique playthroughs for each player.

I think FPS games haven't been the same since Modern Warfare, sure there's Valorant and Counter Strike:GO but if the skill ceiling is so high on those games you're on catch up from the start.

Last edited:
It's all about perspective, however. The fact that people aren't made 'fun of' for playing games is the big change in culture, since the mid 80s

Spectrum 48k. 128k and C64 were still 'nerd' toys. Then came the Amega and PGA Gplf, Mortal Kombat, magazines, thiungs started opening up, hearts and minds were being won haha Thpse nerds went on to create and run companies that made games. "Ocean" made wonderful games. Forget your GTA, all those devsd have links to my era. I myself was nearly a young dev for EA, yes, EA. They asked my and a friend to send them the flow chart of the game and then the screen by screen display. Another comany "Gremlin" completely exploited us.

My mates dad said it would happen and banned my friend from being involved in it. Then I discovered Skateboarding and rock music. Gaming went out the window for many years. Until the PS1 and FF7 then, Tony HAwk and Champ manager on Xbox.

Golden Era?
Tell that to the devs of Football manager
Elite
Flight Simulator

All on the BBC Apple haha

Daley Thompsons Decathlon on the Spectrum

Going for Gold on the C64, all my brothers old and young playing it.

The N64 and Goldeneye broke new ground
Wondeful times to be young, just like now for the new brigade.

As I said, all about perspective.

Baldurs Gate 3
Starfield
Cities Skyline 2
FF7 Rebirth
Total War Pharoah
New Cyberpunk game
New Forza Motorsport

None of those games tickles my fancy at all really.. so the answer is no :)
It's all about perspective, however. The fact that people aren't made 'fun of' for playing games is the big change in culture, since the mid 80s

Spectrum 48k. 128k and C64 were still 'nerd' toys. Then came the Amega and PGA Gplf, Mortal Kombat, magazines, thiungs started opening up, hearts and minds were being won haha Thpse nerds went on to create and run companies that made games. "Ocean" made wonderful games. Forget your GTA, all those devsd have links to my era. I myself was nearly a young dev for EA, yes, EA. They asked my and a friend to send them the flow chart of the game and then the screen by screen display. Another comany "Gremlin" completely exploited us.

My mates dad said it would happen and banned my friend from being involved in it. Then I discovered Skateboarding and rock music. Gaming went out the window for many years. Until the PS1 and FF7 then, Tony HAwk and Champ manager on Xbox.

Golden Era?
Tell that to the devs of Football manager
Elite
Flight Simulator

All on the BBC Apple haha

Daley Thompsons Decathlon on the Spectrum

Going for Gold on the C64, all my brothers old and young playing it.

The N64 and Goldeneye broke new ground
Wondeful times to be young, just like now for the new brigade.

As I said, all about perspective.

I loved the Spectrum/Amiga era- that was my first golden age.
My second was when I rediscovered gaming around 2007 and the HD era. XBox 360 and friends lists/achievements. Loved it all.

Last edited:
None of those games tickles my fancy at all really.. so the answer is no :)

I think you must be the only person who fancies none of them games :D

I've found myself addicted to Rocket League lately, like holy shit that game is an actual phenomenon, not in how it works but how accessible it is and watch to the point there's an actual Rocket League Hooligan firm :D :D

I think you must be the only person who fancies none of them games :D

I've found myself addicted to Rocket League lately, like holy shit that game is an actual phenomenon, not in how it works but how accessible it is and watch to the point there's an actual Rocket League Hooligan firm :D :D
Out of those only Starfield tickled my fancy but i've already scrapped it after playing a few hours- just too big and didnt pull me in enough.
These days I like games that pull you in immediately and are easier to play (Last of Us etc)- so Spiderman would be the next one for me (even though I still havent played the first two)

Out of those only Starfield tickled my fancy but i've already scrapped it after playing a few hours- just too big and didnt pull me in enough.
These days I like games that pull you in immediately and are easier to play (Last of Us etc)- so Spiderman would be the next one for me (even though I still havent played the first two)
Not enough "button bashers" around these days. I was the king! I defeated all contenders. I was 16 and the fastest 'flicka' around.

All about the flick see, not applying pressure just speed haha

rubbing the buttons. Then Lara Croft came along, wouldn't mind running her buttons!

Back