Is this the attempted flip folk keep referring to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fyl2u is quite happy to push the rumours about Mcgeady bullying O'Nien on here, however he tried to cover himself with the word allegedly. Incredibly similar to what he is pulling you up.

I mention it on page 7.

And then talks about a rumour about mcdonald's packets.

Interesting.

It is a rumour though. It was exactly that. I even stated it was a rumour in the actual quote. I've provided proof it wasn't of my opinion.

Leadbitter did say from top to bottom. You've tried to denounce that by saying the captain is top when in reality he's not even middle and quote came around the time directors/cheif execs were jumping ship and in some cases not returned.

I'm pleased you agree with everything else I wrote in that post though. At least that can be put to bed.

Yes Leadbitter did say "top to bottom" but he didn't say there was "a problem". That was inferred purely by folks on here. He said "we need to stick together from top to bottom" which means something completely different to the misquote you presented on this thread.

Yes Leadbitter did say "top to bottom" but he didn't say there was "a problem". That was inferred purely by folks on here. He said "we need to stick together from top to bottom" which means something completely different to the misquote you presented on this thread.

He inferred there was a problem by saying they all need to be together from top to bottom and have no negativity. If there want a problem that quite is obsolete.

Why are you pulling people up on talking about rumours and doing the exact same thing yourself?

He inferred there was a problem by saying they all need to be together from top to bottom and have no negativity. If there want a problem that quite is obsolete.

Why are you pulling people up on talking about rumours and doing the exact same thing yourself?

"Pulling people up?" I was merely correcting something that wasn't true. I wasn't having a go, I was just letting you know that the particular rumour you mentioned was false. :lol:

If anyone knows the truth of the McGeady situation and wants to correct me on it, they're absolutely free to do so.

Coreeft you
"Pulling people up?" I was merely correcting something that wasn't true. I wasn't having a go, I was just letting you know that the particular rumour you mentioned was false. :lol:

If anyone knows the truth of the McGeady situation and wants to correct me on it, they're absolutely free to do so.

"One poster will say "there's this rumour", and then a week later someone else posts "I read on here that..." and then a bit later from someone else it becomes "this is true, I've heard it from multiple sources now"."

You've been doing the exact same thing.

Coreeft you

"One poster will say "there's this rumour", and then a week later someone else posts "I read on here that..." and then a bit later from someone else it becomes "this is true, I've heard it from multiple sources now"."

You've been doing the exact same thing.

Once I've done it. It was wrong of me. I now know the error of my ways and have relayed my reasoning for this realisation in that post to you that you've just quoted. I won't do it again. {slaps self on hand} I hope others can now learn from my mistake.

Once I've done it. It was wrong of me. I now know the error of my ways and have relayed my reasoning for this realisation in that post to you that you've just quoted. I won't do it again. {slaps self on hand} I hope others can now learn from my mistake.

Fair play mate. I sometimes think you make decent points but things like don't help your case.

Anyway, I think you mean "implied" not "inferred" in this case, and Leadbitter did nothing of the sort with regard to the ownership. It was folks on here that inferred from what he said that there must be problems "from top to bottom". It was an off-the-cuff remark in a post-match interview if I remember correctly, not a well-thought-out statement that he'd spent time writing with a team of speech-writers checking it for accuracy.

As far as the playing squad is concerned, he as Captain is "the top". Arguably "the top could also mean the Manager, or it could mean the owner, but even if he meant the owner, in your opinion does this mean that he thinks the owner should "pull together" with the team? I severely doubt that. It would make no sense at all. :lol: They work for the owner, so if there's any "pulling together" to be done, then it's the team that needs to pull together to get behind the owner, not the other way around. It's the only way the quote would make sense, and even then, it's a stretch.

Much more likely he was referring to dressing room disharmony, something that has started clearing up it would seem since McGeady was put out to pasture (although of course that could be coincidence).

Anyway, I think you mean "implied" not "inferred" in this case, and Leadbitter did nothing of the sort with regard to the ownership. It was folks on here that inferred from what he said that there must be problems "from top to bottom". It was an off-the-cuff remark in a post-match interview if I remember correctly, not a well-thought-out statement that he'd spent time writing with a team of speech-writers checking it for accuracy.

As far as the playing squad is concerned, he as Captain is "the top". Arguably "the top could also mean the Manager, or it could mean the owner, but even if he meant the owner, in your opinion does this mean that he thinks the owner should "pull together" with the team? I severely doubt that. It would make no sense at all. :lol: They work for the owner, so if there's any "pulling together" to be done, then it's the team that needs to pull together to get behind the owner, not the other way around. It's the only way the quote would make sense, and even then, it's a stretch.

Much more likely he was referring to dressing room disharmony, something that has started clearing up it would seem since McGeady was put out to pasture (although of course that could be coincidence).

We will have to agree to disagree on this then as theres nothing specific to know either way.

Fair play mate. I sometimes think you make decent points but things like don't help your case.

Thanks mate. You come across as one of the more sensible people on here that I occasionally have debates with, and I hope you realise that I do appreciate our conversations. Sometimes my true feelings may not always come across in the things I type, but I do think you're a canny bloke. đź‘Ť

I'm sitting here with an Oxford mate who knows him. He is a real down to earth football fan and well respected business man. Also regarded as very honest. Go on the Oxford forum and ask.
But we have seen otherwise. Re contradictions left right and centre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back