Is this the attempted flip folk keep referring to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've got no problem with Donald, he's made mistakes but his intentions have been honest and clear. The people he has chosen to surround himself with on the other hand, have been the problem.

Why is everything always so polar?

I don't believe he is a saint who has come here to bail us out of everything and make us great again with his own money.

Nor do I believe he is a serial liar who is just out to make an instant profit from us.

The truth I believe is somewhere in the middle - he is a businessman, clearly he will want to make money from the risks he took buying the club.. and he did overemphasise those risks and the amount of his own money he put in to buy the club.

Equally, I don't believe he is all bad, he wants to see success the same as all of us, and I don't believe that is ALL about money. SD is clearly a football fan admittedly with no previous links to SAFC. His "investments" in Eastleigh were never going to get him a financial return and I am sure he was aware of that.

Do I think he is right for the club? No, and I won't be sorry to see him go assuming we get a smarter owner. But do I feel the need to abuse him and find fault with everything he says? No.

The bottom line for the huge majority of us is the performances on the pitch no matter who owns the club.
I want rid of him, he's told one too many porkie pies and he makes me cringe to the marrow of my bones

However I don't wish him ill and wouldn't mind him leaving with a modest profit

OK, one by one:

1. Misquote. "budget a lot of Championship clubs would take". True.

2. We didn't "need" to let them go as far as our own budget is concerned, but League 1 wage rules meant if they did go we'd have breathing room to bring in other players. True.

3. We brought in a number of players in the summer. Some of our best players were free or very cheap. Money doesn't equal success. See Will Grigg. We also ended up with a more balanced squad this season whereas the previous season we'd been overloaded with samey central midfielders.

4. It probably did to an extent. If you're in the process of selling a major proportion of the shares in the club, it's probably not appropriate to spend a load of the club's money during the negotiations.

5. Bullshit. Bullshit and bullshit.

6. Yes, yes, yes. No, SD pulled the plug, not Campbell (to bring the Americans in instead). There's a lot of confusion in the fanbase about what constitutes a takeover. Having a majority share is a "full takeover" but to some people in the fanbase a "full takeover" means buying 100% of the shares. SD was going to be staying on as a shareholder in the Campbell deal. He wasn't going to be selling the entire club. Campbell said so himself.

7. I was fine with that. Ross had got us within one match of promotion and got us to a cup final in the process. Would have been madness to sack him without giving him a chance to improve on last season. When it became clear we weren't better than last season SD sacked Ross.

8. And?

9. A number of options were offered to the Americans, from the "almost 100% takeover" that Campbell had been close to completing to the deal we ended up with where they loan us some money to see how SD spends it.

10. He may well not have known at that point.

11. No they didn't, they went for a "lesser" option.

12. See 9 and 10.

13. No he didn't. He said they might want greater involvement in the future, you'd have to ask the Americans about their intentions because it's not his place to comment on someone else's plans.

14. See 9-13

15. "To draw attention away from it" :lol: haway man. :lol:

16. Loan is to Madrox, who would invest it in SAFC as a cash injection, allowing us to increase our wage budget, which we couldn't do if it were a loan because of League 1 wage rules. This is a good thing.

17. Have you seen the abuse he gets on here? What makes you think Twitter is any different?

18. Yeah, that's how secured loans work. There have supposedly been 30 such loans secured on the club in the last 50 years. Strangely this is the first one that fans have criticised.

19. Maybe so, and yes it was stupid especially for a PR guy, but considering the abuse he gets on here I'm not surprised he hit back at some point. He's gone from the board now so it's irrelevant.

20. Bullshit. All those meetings are confidential and everyone has to sign off on them, not just SAFC but the fan groups too. CM was out of the club immediately afterwards and SD stated that anything CM said wasn't representative of the club or of SD, after which a new meeting was organised for SD to answer the questions in a way that DOES represent the club.

21. Bullshit.

22. So? And no he didn't, he was dealing with personal stuff with his family.

23. Fanzines spit their dummies out and tell SD to leave.

24. SD says "OK, I don't want to go but if you don't want me here then I'll go." Fanzines get what they want. SD then accused of having no backbone just because he stuck to his word that he'd leave when the fans didn't want him anymore.

25. Bullshit. He was IN OXFORD visiting his son but not at their matches. Rumour started because some Hartlepool fans in the city centre had asked him for a photo with them.

26. Not all of a sudden.

27. So? Actually what he said was that he "COULD" just pay it straight back but hadn't decided what he was going to do yet.

28. And?

29. Docherty is just one of the midfield targets we're looking at. It's not over yet and we may still get him. By the sound of PP in today's pre-match interview he isn't our primary target for that position, so you're twisting the truth to say "SD wouldn't pay the extra for him".

30. We are. If you evidence to the contrary please present it.

The Whirlwind Of Bullshit really is in full effect with you isn't it?

On the contrary, everything you've just spewed is bull shit.

This all goes back to the EFL allowing him to take over the club. When he did, our financial situation was diabolical. Now, as he is/was never in a position to be able to afford our club, longer than say, 6 months. He's been open to selling it ever since then. "Cutting things back" etc etc as opposed to investing is clearly, proof the man doesn't have, never had the money. His mate Sartori has a passing interest in us. Fair enough,That's his mate. So what SD did was get in a position to be able to sell a massive amount of shares for fuck all. Charlie got 6% for fuck all too. Where are these south AMerican wonderkids?

Then there is the issue of how exactly he proved he had the 40m to pay ES. Again, this money was never there, in fact. He's a narcissist and he's not alone.

SD can afford to run a club in L2 or lower, but not us. It's frightening that his ambition is being played out on our club.

Hope he leaves as soon as possible.

That will be one of them, yes. Selling majority share within a year and keeping a portion to make an increased profit if/when we get back to the PL using someone else's cash.

He would be stupid to sell 100% in league 1. He seems to have changed tact with FPP with a PL bonus for the sale rumoured to be one of the hitches.
didnt he threaten to sue the mail or the sun for suggesting that in article where every other point turned out to be true?

wonder when it’s being heard in court? It’s gone quiet

Here you go, fellers, The Sun have retracted it and apologised:

Stewart Donald - apology

One less "fact" in the Whirlwind Of Bullshit. :cool:

Last edited:
Yeah, it says 'late' demands. Doesn't say anything about early ones, or a demand that has been in place all along on a deal.

I know you like to be thorough so surprised you missed that tbh.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Haway man, just admit it, this one was a lie being spouted by The Sun. Even THEY have admitted it and you're still claiming otherwise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back