Is this the attempted flip folk keep referring to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Haway man, just admit it, this one was a lie being spouted by The Sun. Even THEY have admitted it and you're still claiming otherwise?
Heard some hilarious 'facts' about Donald on Friday by someone who is actually well connected and told us all these stories about SD being a con man which were from a source who knows Donald.
Also came up with that stuff from the sun.

What made it hilarious is we were sitting with a mate of mine from Oxford who actually does know Donald. He found all the stories highly amusing. People are making stuff up they can't possibly know and reporting as fact.
You're getting slagged off for trying to find facts.

Heard some hilarious 'facts' about Donald on Friday by someone who is actually well connected and told us all these stories about SD being a con man which were from a source who knows Donald.
Also came up with that stuff from the sun.

What made it hilarious is we were sitting with a mate of mine from Oxford who actually does know Donald. He found all the stories highly amusing. People are making stuff up they can't possibly know and reporting as fact.
You're getting slagged off for trying to find facts.

I was once good mates with someone who was accused of allsorts by a number of people. When people asked me aboit it I laughed it off as I knew him well as he would always say it was bollocks.

I'm not friends with him anymore.

Last edited:
I was once good mates with someone who was accused of allsorts by a number of people. When people asked me aboit it I laughed it off and I knew him well as he would always say it was bollocks.

I'm not friends with him anymore.
Get your point but there is some nonsense being spouted. It's all got out of hand.

Get your point but there is some nonsense being spouted. It's all got out of hand.

It's all open to interpretation. Because there's been so much info, and contradictions it's difficult for anyone to make a totally informed opinion.

Interpreting what someone says, then passing it off as irrefutable facts, doesn't make them facts.

Fwiw (again) I personally think Donalds plan was to sell in the summer. I've alresd had this conversation twice with @fyl2u previously and listed a number of reasons to justify my viewpoint. I think we are now dealing with the austerity of that sale not going through but I don't think Donald is a crook, or taking money etc from the club. I think he's a intelligent businessman and the best businessmen are the best bullshitters.

What does also worry me is that Methven has open contempt for the club fan base and that Donald has so far been criticised publicly by:

Current players
Ex players
Agents
Transfer targets
Ex staff
Ex manager
Families of academy players
Multiple national newspapers regulary
Local reporters
Sky sports correspondants
RAWA who have had ongoing discussions with him.
WMS who have a contract for entertainment at the beacon on matchdays, who have held several private discussions with him.
ALS who have had private discussion with him
Roker Report who were very pally with him originally and now gone totally the other way after regularly access to him and private discussions.
We've also had 2 directors and a chief exec leave only a couple of months into a new season.

All circumstantial of course but it doesn't seem to be just fans who either don't like the way he operates, or dislike him. And all these things add up.

If he is doing such a great job then why is all of this happening? How can so many people with either direct or indirect workings with him all be so negative about him?

It's all open to interpretation. Because there's been so much info, and contradictions it's difficult for anyone to make a totally informed opinion.

Interpreting what someone says, then passing it off as irrefutable facts, doesn't make them facts.

Fwiw (again) I personally think Donalds plan was to sell in the summer. I've alresd had this conversation twice with @fyl2u previously and listed a number of reasons to justify my viewpoint. I think we are now dealing with the austerity of that sale not going through but I don't think Donald is a crook, or taking money etc from the club. I think he's a intelligent businessman and the best businessmen are the best bullshitters.

What does also worry me is that Methven has open contempt for the club fan base and that Donald has so far been criticised publicly by:

Current players
Ex players
Agents
Transfer targets
Ex staff
Ex manager
Families of academy players
Multiple national newspapers regulary
Local reporters
Sky sports correspondants
RAWA who have had ongoing discussions with him.
WMS who have a contract for entertainment at the beacon on matchdays, who have held several private discussions with him.
ALS who have had private discussion with him
Roker Report who were very pally with him originally and now gone totally the other way after regularly access to him and private discussions.
We've also had 2 directors and a chief exec leave only a couple of months into a new season.

All circumstantial of course but it doesn't seem to be just fans who either don't like the way he operates, or dislike him. And all these things add up.

If he is doing such a great job then why is all of this happening? How can so many people with either direct or indirect workings with him all be so negative about him?
Fair enough. I had no idea he has been criticised by Ross and the players. Bit worrying if players are having a pop.
Some of the criticism has been proven to be unfounded, mind you.

Fair enough. I had no idea he has been criticised my Ross and the players. Bit worrying if players are having a pop.

Only fairly small criticisms (With Leadbitter saying there was problems from 'top to bottom' and McLaughlan who's criticised him twice for his contract situation and for the way he told them about Ross' departure) and Ross' criticising him for going straight out and announcing his sacking despite previously agreeing to wait until he had told his family. Ross has though suggested since he wasn't happy with certain things behind the scenes but has always been reluctant to say what.

Takes some job to make so many people, and so many channels turn against you in such a short space of time.

Even towards the end of Shorts tenure there wasnt that much written about him in the press etc. Even Nick Barnes has had a pop on a few occasions and he's normally the one blaming fans before anything else.

As I said earlier in the thread - the article was in the mail.

if you cast your “investigation” back a few pages you’ll find it.

Whether it was in the Mail or The Sun, this was the story and they've admitted it was bollocks and apologised to SD publicly.
Theyve been extremely specific to retract only a part where they apologise for saying he made 'late' demands.

Just doing exactly what you have been doing for the last two weeks, mate.

And the whole story has been pulled from the website.
Fair enough. I had no idea he has been criticised by Ross and the players. Bit worrying if players are having a pop.

I'd like to see a source for all these claims. I haven't heard a sausage out of the players criticising the owners.
Only fairly small criticisms (With Leadbitter saying there was problems from 'top to bottom' and McLaughlan who's criticised him twice for his contract situation and for the way he told them about Ross' departure) and Ross' criticising him for going straight out and announcing his sacking despite previously agreeing to wait until he had told his family. Ross has though suggested since he wasn't happy with certain things behind the scenes but has always been reluctant to say what.

Takes some job to make so many people, and so many channels turn against you in such a short space of time.

Even towards the end of Shorts tenure there wasnt that much written about him in the press etc. Even Nick Barnes has had a pop on a few occasions and he's normally the one blaming fans before anything else.

Leadbitter didn't say that all, he said we all had to stick together from the bottom to the top if we were going to get over the slump we were in. He didn't mention anything about whether "the top" was him as captain, or if he was referring to the manager or the owner, and it was more than likely actually aimed at the fans that were slagging off the management and owners.

Last edited:
Whether it was in the Mail or The Sun, this was the story and they've admitted it was bollocks and apologised to SD publicly.

And the whole story has been pulled from the website.

I'd like to see a source for all these claims. I haven't heard a sausage out of the players criticising the owners.

Leadbitter didn't say that all, he said we all had to stick together from the bottom to the top if we were going to get over the slump we were in. He didn't mention anything about whether "the top" was him as captain, or if he was referring to the manager or the owner, and it was more than likely actually aimed at the fans that were slagging off the management and owners.

What else would they do? Rewrite it from months ago?

They've admitted they were lying. So, scratch one criticism from the list of charges against SD, that's all I'm saying. Anyone that is incapable of doing that clearly has an agenda.

You've lost me. They've admitted they were wrong when they said the deal fell through because Donald made a late change to the terms/increased demands do have deleted the story they wrote saying they had.

At the time Donald denied he had made any increased demands and if you check my posting history I've always said I believed that he didn't.

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make now.

In fact I'll save you the bother. Here's the link to when I most recently said it, but I've said it numerous times since it happened.

Last edited:
You've lost me. They've admitted they were wrong when they said the deal fell through because Donald made a late change to the terms/increased demands do have deleted the story they wrote saying they had.

At the time Donald denied he had made any increased demands and if you check my posting history I've always said I believed that he didn't.

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make now.

In fact I'll save you the bother. Here's the link to when I most recently said it, but I've said it numerous times since it happened.

The point I'm making is that the following can be scratched off the list because the rumour that you mentioned on this thread isn't true:

He seems to have changed tact with FPP with a PL bonus for the sale rumoured to be one of the hitches.

The point I'm making is that the following can be scratched off the list because the rumour that you mentioned on this thread isn't true:

OK that's fine. I'll scratch off a rumour that a PL bonus was one of the hitches.

I didn't start the rumour mind or say it was true -(especially my thoughts on it was that DD put FPP off) but if it makes you feel better I don't mind.

I still think he will be asking for a PL/promotion bonus though. It may well have been in the original agreement with FPP. It would make sense and he would be stupid not to.

OK that's fine. I'll scratch off a rumour that a PL bonus was one of the hitches.

I didn't start the rumour mind or say it was true -(especially my thoughts on it was that DD put FPP off) but if it makes you feel better I don't mind.

I still think he will be asking for a PL/promotion bonus though. It may well have been in the original agreement with FPP. It would make sense and he would be stupid not to.

I didn't say you did start it mate, but it's yet another proven lie in the Whirlwind Of Bullshit that has been spouted about the owner. How many of these things have to be proven to be untrue before folks start to change their minds?

One poster will say "there's this rumour", and then a week later someone else posts "I read on here that..." and then a bit later from someone else it becomes "this is true, I've heard it from multiple sources now".

Just look at your Leadbitter quote from a few posts back. A slight misquote on here and it takes on a whole new meaning. It's like Chinese Whispers and it only takes a few re-misquotes before a large percentage of people start believing something is true that has no bearing to what was originally said.

I didn't say you did start it mate, but it's yet another proven lie in the Whirlwind Of Bullshit that has been spouted about the owner. How many of these things have to be proven to be untrue before folks start to change their minds?

One poster will say "there's this rumour", and then a week later someone else posts "I read on here that..." and then a bit later from someone else it becomes "this is true, I've heard it from multiple sources now".

Just look at your Leadbitter quote from a few posts back. A slight misquote on here and it takes on a whole new meaning. It's like Chinese Whispers and it only takes a few re-misquotes before a large percentage of people start believing something is true that has no bearing to what was originally said.

It is a rumour though. It was exactly that. I even stated it was a rumour in the actual quote. I've provided proof it wasn't of my opinion.

Leadbitter did say from top to bottom. You've tried to denounce that by saying the captain is top when in reality he's not even middle and quote came around the time directors/cheif execs were jumping ship and in some cases not returned.

I'm pleased you agree with everything else I wrote in that post though. At least that can be put to bed.

This is the exact point I was making to you regarding Mcgeady, but you were quite happy to carry on with that. Makes you a bit of hypocrite in my eyes.

Nobody knows anything including you … What we do know is that the BS isn't confined to the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back