Is this squad better

Definitely. We'd have needed huge investment in the squad if we'd gone up under Ross to avoid going straight back down.
None of the players that Ross signed have gone on to greater things hence we effed up promotions... we are where we are.... I think the Lincoln game was a key moment for LJ and recruitment staff and the realisation that recall loan players would not suffice.... We are nearer a championship squad than we have been for a while

than the one Jack Ross had?

Of course. Mind, I didn't think the one Jack Ross had was that good, certainly not when Maja left. People go on about Oviedo - international, but he had an abysmal attitude, and did squat (well about 3 quality crosses). He was rightly kept out of the team by Reece James and Denver. Catts amazingly added goals to his game, but was pretty much finished. Just not quick enough to boss a midfield - even in L1 they strolled past him. Honeyman was OK, but even then half this board complained about his selection, "he's undroppable because he's captain". Baldwin, Flanagan, Loovens, Ozturk? Nuff said.

We had a better keeper, but that's the way we've chosen i.e. Hoff is still learning his trade.

Disagree. Would need some but not massive.

We have held our own against championship clubs in the cup. Some promoted sides have done ok. The SMB rates the championship too highly in my opinion. A lot of the clubs are in a financial mess too.
You don't win games with financial prudence.

The Championship is a long hard season.

We wouldn't hold our own against at least two thirds of that league.

That squad had a lot of talent, but the signings we made were poor and the squad cohesion was just never there (I met Lewis Morgan's brother recently and that's what he said about the squad apparently). I have no idea about this one, but it seems very talented and with them being younger I'd assume less egotistical and more driven (that's just an assumption though).

This League One is tougher than the League One Jack Ross managed though. JR had no excuses and LJ has none either if we don't go up.

Well other than the fact you think this league one is tougher than the one Ross managed, and it is, thus making it more difficult to achieve promotion. We'll do it though

This, way too much of a gamble going into final stage of the season without good backup. If Stewart gets injured we are in trouble.
Completely agree and would hope management are working on it.

Going into Arsenal I said let’s avoid any injury, last we saw of Broadhead who was adding another dimension to our attacking play, explosive pace similar to Marco in his prime.

Back