is the coronavirus racist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

At no point has she called it a racist virus, all she is saying that s that the data shows that there are more cases in certain ethnic groups. These ethnic groups then to look be in poor housing and live in larger family groups. As a consequence this virus is showing the levels of deprivation in different communities.

This is not only in the U.K. but the deaths in the USA are showing a similar trend with more deaths in the Afro American community than any other as a proportion of the population.

So just in the same way as the virus has shown up the failings in the gig economy and zero hours contracts, this is pointing us to issues which we must come back to when this is all over.

She has a point.
Black and Asian people probably hit harder as more under privileged
Live closer to others, poor diet, poor health. smoke / drink more
More may have to work in poorer paid jobs, in the service industry coming into contact with more people and unable to work from home .
Most still having to work.

More white people live in nice houses in the suburbs.

Indian and Chinese people earn more on average in the UK than people categorised as white British. More Chinese and Indian people live in nice houses in the suburbs.

London and Birmingham being hit the hardest.Is it a case blacks etc are in more low paid jobs like bus drivers,Tube operators etc?Loads of them have parents living at home?Ignoring self isolation?
Or there might be a genetic link.?

The last part is likely completely off limits so we’ll never know.

London and Birmingham being hit the hardest.Is it a case blacks etc are in more low paid jobs like bus drivers,Tube operators etc?Loads of them have parents living at home?Ignoring self isolation?

Tube drivers are very well paid Adam.

It should be explored by the scientific community.Its not racist,it doesn’t make one part of the global population more superior to another and it’s probs bollocks anyway but it should be explored.

I agree but there’s a wealth of evidence that this kind of science is shot down by the zeitgeist media and liberal consensus.

Of course there's a genetic link, different races have different genetics and respond differently to a whole host of medical events, Europeans and Africans for example have different immune system responses.

Looks like it triggered the righty brexity boot boys into incredulity. Perhaps read the article fellas?

A third of patients are BME, where are the majority of cases? London.

What is London’s ethnic makeup;

18.5% Asian
13.3% Black
5% Mixed

Over 30%, seems like it is in line with the population.

Can I call it a load of shite now without you call me a Brexit boot boy?

You know what you have posted here is just stupid don’t you

Read the article and look at the figures
There's been a few articles about this recently, I think there was one in the guardian as well. I was referring to the MP's tweet I just think this a time where the country should be coming together there was no need to bring race into it, just my opinion of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back