Is Sunderland a city of the future?

Very well said. Grannies being mugged in broad daylight, lost community pride when the generic bland ideas have been implemented in recent years. A hotchpotch of one hit wonders. Ask the people who live here and spend their hard earned. We want a safe and welcoming centre like we used to have. It’s not too much to ask.
Wibble.

Dont understand the argument around free parking - There isnt one city in the country where you can park in and around its centre for free, why should Sunderland be any different
The Metrocentre and The Galleries do have free parking, therefore Sunderland should apparently. Newcastle doesn't "but it's only a short ride on the metro, and is better anyway" :rolleyes:

The absolute state of this man :lol: :lol:

And the new trend seems to be shitty AI pictures to spread shite and lies. Like those Proud to Be English and the Bad Brown People posts that are going about. Faux outrage spread by gammons who don’t have a clue.

————————————————-

SUNDERLAND CITY COUNCIL, what have you done to OUR 'city' centre? I've had to pop into town for less than an hour, and the place isn't what it once used to be. There's no buzz, no pride, no shops, absolutely nothing worth the parking fee of £3.20 for the hours mooch around. It truly saddens me having to witness its downfall in recent years.

Before anyone says 'it's because of online shopping blah blah blah' its not just down to that. Its down to ripping the heart out of the place with high rents, disgusting parking charges and no money getting pumped into the older parts of the town.

Here's an idea....why don't you try lowering the business rates for a year, which might attract new business. Trial a week's free parking to boost footfall. Have regular open markets on Keel Square, everyone loves an open market (well I do). Heck, just try something new and innovative, instead of the numerous new car parks popping up to grab more money!!

There's also the ongoing crime, kids getting mugged at night. Its not a safe place anymore!!

"GIVE THE PEOPLE OF SUNDERLAND OUR PRIDE BACK"

Share if you agree, let's grab the council's attention!!

AI IMAGE USED TO GRAB ATTENTION

Logon or register to see this image
Ridiculous post that like.
There you have a page with thousands of followers and the owner of it can just post complete bollocks which the hard of thinking will read and believe. The disinformation age now isn't it.
The hundreds of times it must be pointed out that the council do not own and run everything yet the dumb c**nts still come out with stuff like this.

The Metrocentre and The Galleries do have free parking, therefore Sunderland should apparently. Newcastle doesn't "but it's only a short ride on the metro, and is better anyway" :rolleyes:

Which the shops subsidise the parking through higher rents, but they also want rents reduced to create more shops

The absolute state of this man :lol: :lol:

And the new trend seems to be shitty AI pictures to spread shite and lies. Like those Proud to Be English and the Bad Brown People posts that are going about. Faux outrage spread by gammons who don’t have a clue.

————————————————-

SUNDERLAND CITY COUNCIL, what have you done to OUR 'city' centre? I've had to pop into town for less than an hour, and the place isn't what it once used to be. There's no buzz, no pride, no shops, absolutely nothing worth the parking fee of £3.20 for the hours mooch around. It truly saddens me having to witness its downfall in recent years.

Before anyone says 'it's because of online shopping blah blah blah' its not just down to that. Its down to ripping the heart out of the place with high rents, disgusting parking charges and no money getting pumped into the older parts of the town.

Here's an idea....why don't you try lowering the business rates for a year, which might attract new business. Trial a week's free parking to boost footfall. Have regular open markets on Keel Square, everyone loves an open market (well I do). Heck, just try something new and innovative, instead of the numerous new car parks popping up to grab more money!!

There's also the ongoing crime, kids getting mugged at night. Its not a safe place anymore!!

"GIVE THE PEOPLE OF SUNDERLAND OUR PRIDE BACK"

Share if you agree, let's grab the council's attention!!

AI IMAGE USED TO GRAB ATTENTION

I've just noticed, that looks like the Tyne bridge. It's definitely not (yes I know it's AI) the Wearmouth bridge. These self loathers can't even get the basics right.

I've just noticed, that looks like the Tyne bridge. It's definitely not (yes I know it's AI) the Wearmouth bridge. These self loathers can't even get the basics right.
I'm baffled by the whole AI thing. If he was in town and was so disgusted, why didn't he take a photo to prove his point?
Instead he's posted some bizarre fever dream. :lol: I honestly don't think I've seen anyone using AI images who isn't batshit mental.

I'm baffled by the whole AI thing. If he was in town and was so disgusted, why didn't he take a photo to prove his point?
Instead he's posted some bizarre fever dream. :lol: I honestly don't think I've seen anyone using AI images who isn't batshit mental.
Exactly. Some people love to slag off the town, usually the same people who are always going on about the "labour council".

It's someone who can't let go of images like this...

I think there's also context that the town centre they remember is more than likely a bustling Saturday afternoon as they'll have been working during the week.Now they rock up early doors on a Tuesday morning and can't understand why it's not the same.
See also people who complain about pubs being dead when they follow the same route they did thirty years ago not understanding that times and habits have changed and most of us are tucked up in bed by the time the young 'uns go out.

Looks more like a section of the Hohenzollern Railway Bridge in Köln to me. Bloody forrins coming over here and stealing our AI bridges! Grrrr!

The thing is it won't have been 'Sunderland bridges shopping centre' put into AI, it'll have been something like 'Dystopian sunderland bridges shopping centre in a poor run down state with alcoholics and vagrants lying everywhere'. I asked it to design a Sunderland stadium of light of the future and it looked like the Bernabeu, except it had the fans sitting in terraces outside of the stadium.

The thing is it won't have been 'Sunderland bridges shopping centre' put into AI, it'll have been something like 'Dystopian sunderland bridges shopping centre in a poor run down state with alcoholics and vagrants lying everywhere'. I asked it to design a Sunderland stadium of light of the future and it looked like the Bernabeu, except it had the fans sitting in terraces outside of the stadium.
if we play much more like we did against blackburn, this AI stadium of the future with the fans sitting outside might have legs...

Not sure what the most appropriate thread to put this in is, but I was pleasantly surprised when I was driving home from work through Newcastle past the town moor north of their city centre before it becomes Gosforth earlier this week and noticed in the distance to the south east you can make out the top of the Northern Spire Bridge. Couldn’t believe you could see it from all that way, but it’s on quite an incline around there and obviously no buildings to get in the way. Raised a smile anyway.
Really? I drive that way most days but haven’t noticed it! Will definitely be looking out for that

Really? I drive that way most days but haven’t noticed it! Will definitely be looking out for that
Aye, but only on the stretch of the 189/Grandstand Road between the 167 and the Kenton Road junction where the Kwik Fit garage is. It must be because that section of the road is on a canny deceiving incline. I’ve only ever managed to spot it when heading westbound in stationary/gridlock traffic when you’ve got the time to look around, it’s hard to see with only the top part sticking out so when you’re heading east and on the move it’s pretty much impossible to find because your eyes would be off the road too much.

Aye, but only on the stretch of the 189/Grandstand Road between the 167 and the Kenton Road junction where the Kwik Fit garage is. It must be because that section of the road is on a canny deceiving incline. I’ve only ever managed to spot it when heading westbound in stationary/gridlock traffic when you’ve got the time to look around, it’s hard to see with only the top part sticking out so when you’re heading east and on the move it’s pretty much impossible to find because your eyes would be off the road too much.
I do this exact part and it has been slow this week because of the tyne bridge being down to one lane so will look out for it

I think there's also context that the town centre they remember is more than likely a bustling Saturday afternoon as they'll have been working during the week.Now they rock up early doors on a Tuesday morning and can't understand why it's not the same.
See also people who complain about pubs being dead when they follow the same route they did thirty years ago not understanding that times and habits have changed and most of us are tucked up in bed by the time the young 'uns go out.
And shops were shut on Sundays.

On a slight tangent from that, the Chinese have just created a battery that is half the weight of normal batteries but is also double the capacity, can charge to 80% in 8 minutes, non flammable and weather temperatures have no effect

Back