Ironic

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mickey

That the players critised the most on here in recent years - Ali Cook, Ian Bell, Jimmy Anderson and Matt Prior - all made huge individual contributions to a fantastic team effort.

That the players critised the most on here in recent years - Ali Cook, Ian Bell, Jimmy Anderson and Matt Prior - all made huge individual contributions to a fantastic team effort.
:lol:

we can all take the credit for their improvement, due to reading the advice from here

mind you it has to be said KP didnt get rid of peter moores, we did

In fairness, I dont think beating the fifth best ranked side in the world, soon to be about 7th or 8th is conclusive proof that the concerns raised on ALL the above players can now be dismissed as we dont know what we are talking about

A bowler/batsman would need to perform well against the safferrs/indians as they are ranked 1 and 2

If this is gonna turn into another 'jump on the bandwagonathon', dont bother I wont reply

If we'd just narrowly beaten the Aussies I could partly accept what you've just said EB. However, due to the nature of the victory and the impressive individual performances from the players mentioned I think it's about time you knocked it on the head.

In fairness, I dont think beating the fifth best ranked side in the world, soon to be about 7th or 8th is conclusive proof that the concerns raised on ALL the above players can now be dismissed as we dont know what we are talking about

A bowler/batsman would need to perform well against the safferrs/indians as they are ranked 1 and 2

If this is gonna turn into another 'jump on the bandwagonathon', dont bother I wont reply

Methinks you doth protest too much.

Hands up from me in relation to Chef - I felt he might struggle. Am thoroughly delighted to have to admit that I'm a tit on this one. :cool:

Something I've been meaning to ask but havent been able to.

You've been going on about "why celebrate being the 5th ranked side in the world the way we have?" Going by that logic are you not going to celebrate if we beat Newcastle on Sunday because they're not top of the league?

Similarly if we are going to dismiss the wickets Anderson gets against Australia to we take away with one foul swoop the wickets McGrath, Warne etc got against the shit England sides of the 90s etc?

Something I've been meaning to ask but havent been able to.

You've been going on about "why celebrate being the 5th ranked side in the world the way we have?" Going by that logic are you not going to celebrate if we beat Newcastle on Sunday because they're not top of the league?

prime example of how fickle sports fans are in general tbh the previous Newcastle result. from heroes to zeroes in a matter of a few weeks or the other way round anyhows

biding my time, nothing has been proven and wont be proven either way until a few more years have passed

world class performers remain at the top of their powers over a sustained period thats what makes them world class, every dog has its day

Similarly if we are going to dismiss the wickets Anderson gets against Australia to we take away with one foul swoop the wickets McGrath, Warne etc got against the shit England sides of the 90s etc?

yet again you miss the point with headline grabbing statements which havent been thought through, did Mcgrath and Warne rip through all the sides ranked 2,3, and 4 or was it just England who were probably ranked about 6

prime example of how fickle sports fans are in general tbh the previous Newcastle result. from heroes to zeroes in a matter of a few weeks or the other way round anyhows

biding my time, nothing has been proven and wont be proven either way until a few more years have passed

world class performers remain at the top of their powers over a sustained period thats what makes them world class, every dog has its day

You avoided my question.

asking someone who wasnt born or raised in the NE isnt relevant because I wouldnt get as much joy from it as someone who was either born or raised in the NE or both

Fair enough, I assumed you were an exile.

Well will you be as scathing to Sunderland fans for celebrating if we win as you have been on here after the Ashes?

Fair enough, I assumed you were an exile.

Well will you be as scathing to Sunderland fans for celebrating if we win as you have been on here after the Ashes?

I cant comment on local rivalries (ie, 13 miles apart) as this has never been applicable to me, so supporters can celebrate how they like

Unlike with Newcastle, im sure there arent loads of Aussie cricket fans at work

I cant comment on local rivalries (ie, 13 miles apart) as this has never been applicable to me, so supporters can celebrate how they like

Unlike with Newcastle, im sure there arent loads of Aussie cricket fans at work

No, but it is the equivalent to England and Aussie fans to what the derby is to Sunderland and Newcastle.

And I do not enjoy beating the Mags simply because I get to have a go at Mags, although it is a nice addition.

to be fair to jimmy/eb, he didnt get them in july or august so they dont count

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back