Ironic cheers for mcgeoch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't say that about McGeough, as proven earlier, our best results and performances have come when he wasn't in the side

I'd play him at the minute but he hasn't done enough tobe nailed on

Was that proven, or even alluded to?

All I saw on the subject was that our results are better with him in than without as well as our best run this season coincided with him being in the team.

Was that proven, or even alluded to?

All I saw on the subject was that our results are better with him in than without as well as our best run this season coincided with him being in the team.

Nah our best performances and results he didn't play in, I posted them earlier

Nah our best performances and results he didn't play in, I posted them earlier

Found it, you said you'd argue. That's an opinion mate, certainly not proven.

The facts are our results have been better and it probably isn't a coincidence that our best run coincided with his longest run in the team.

I'm not sure why he doesn't play more often, possibly his fitness.

He played a number of decent balls forward yesterday. People saying he ‘never’ passes forward presumably weren’t there or have made up their mind so see what they want.

Found it, you said you'd argue. That's an opinion mate, certainly not proven.

The facts are our results have been better and it probably isn't a coincidence that our best run coincided with his longest run in the team.

I'm not sure why he doesn't play more often, possibly his fitness.
Or maybe we're just missing Jerome Sinclair...

He played a number of decent balls forward yesterday. People saying he ‘never’ passes forward presumably weren’t there or have made up their mind so see what they want.
Not as many as Cattermole - but apparently he's finished after last night.

for passing forward or shouting shoot. Just fuck off man. These people clearly haven’t a fuckin clue.

He’s ran the show tonight and looks like the only player we have who is comfortable on the ball.

Needs to start every game.
He had one of his best games last night...On the other hand , it showed just how much Cattermole has declined,was slow and predictable....

Can't say that about McGeough, as proven earlier, our best results and performances have come when he wasn't in the side

I'd play him at the minute but he hasn't done enough tobe nailed on

I think if we are playing 2 defensive midfielders then he should be one of them. He is always looking for the ball off the defenders which isn't always true of Catt's/Power. Which should reduce the number of hit and hope balls that they try.

He played in the
4-1 v Rochdale
3-0 v Southend

Loovrens played in the
4-1 Gillingham
3-0 Scunthorpe
4-1 v Rochdale

But I doubt many would have him starting.

In your opinion, not in minutes nor effect.
It wasn't an opinion - he just started as many games.

I think you're looking for something that simply isn't there by saying our best run of form coincided with McGeouch's run in the side. Our best run of form coincided with a string of games against teams in the bottom half of the table - that's the crux.

It wasn't an opinion - he just started as many games.

I think you're looking for something that simply isn't there by saying our best run of form coincided with McGeouch's run in the side. Our best run of form coincided with a string of games against teams in the bottom half of the table - that's the crux.

Did he?

Fair enough, I stand corrected and will not use that as a reason why I think he is our best cm.

I'm all for not giving it away cheaply but his first, second and third instincts are all to pass it backwards.

I think if we are playing 2 defensive midfielders then he should be one of them. He is always looking for the ball off the defenders which isn't always true of Catt's/Power. Which should reduce the number of hit and hope balls that they try.
That is complete and utter bollocks mind, no way am I having that. I've watched him run to the other side of the pitch and hide from them on numerous occasions.

We need to keep the ball more, especially in L1, not lump it and lose it.
Always said when we are not playing well it seems it’s down to the centre backs to distribute, usually resulting in a hoof. Baldwin is a prime culprit.
City u21 team played it about more than us tbh.
It might frustrate a lot of our supporters that like a direct style , but we have the players ( at least some ) that should have a touch more class and should be pinging it around no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back