Ironic cheers for mcgeoch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Came with a big reputation, tidy but a bit too negative for me. Always seems to be not quite there in terms of driving us forward

I thought he played well tonight. When I have seen him play I rate him, I also understand why fans who like kick and football do not like him.

wow :eek:mom last two games for me , absolutely class tonite.
If passing the ball to the centre backs and Goalie is class then your right, which you aren't

I've said my piece on him, I don't like him and he doesn't get in my best 11.

I never heard any ironic cheers when he passed it forward.
Quite often when a player receives the ball a certain way outside the box the fans shout shoot.

I never heard any ironic cheers when he passed it forward.
Quite often when a player receives the ball a certain way outside the box the fans shout shoot.

Didn’t hear any ironic cheers either, but I heard quite a few around me twist like fuck when he got the ball about 35 yards out and turned sideways towards the right wing.

He then picked out Matthews with a good pass, who gave it to Gooch who scored.

With McGeoch
Played 23
Won 15
Drew 7
Lost 1 (cup V Walsall)

Clean sheets: 10

Not solely down to him but pretty impressive record imo.

Also don’t think it’s a coincidence when we won 7 in a row he played in all 7.

Play better and get better results without him though :lol:

for passing forward or shouting shoot. Just fuck off man. These people clearly haven’t a fuckin clue.

He’s ran the show tonight and looks like the only player we have who is comfortable on the ball.

Needs to start every game.
Can't say I heard it but agree he is a good player and does stuff a lot of fans don't see.

I think he’s a safe player, who has shown glimpses of more dynamic play which he needs to trust in more for me.

Few times last night he played good balls into dangerous positions from deep, and that’s what I’d like to see more of going forward.

Didn’t here any ironic cheers for him mind. Heard the shoot stuff but that happens to most players anywhere from about 30 yards out tbf.

It is embarrassing on a night where he bossed the midfield and was directly involved with the 2 goals that he gets criticised for being negative and ironic jeers for passing forward.

If that is what he receives on a very good night, what happened on an ok one?

"Comfortable on the ball" or never dares risk carrying or passing the ball forward?

There is nobody in our CM who has any ability on the ball in an attacking sense, it's a huge gap for us.

for passing forward or shouting shoot. Just fuck off man. These people clearly haven’t a fuckin clue.

He’s ran the show tonight and looks like the only player we have who is comfortable on the ball.

I like him and he's a good option in midfield - certainly better than Cattermole last night. But he does sometimes dwell on the ball too long and tends to leave the pass until last minute which is a good thing if people are making runs for him. I thought a few times last night he was giving the ball to our defenders and putting them under pressure.

At least he worked hard unlike Maguire who just didnt seem to want to be on the pitch.

For me City's midfield bossed the game and if they had a decent striker - Phil Foden or other - then we may have been in trouble.

The crowd can almost claim an assist for the second goal, he was just about to pass it back to the defender heard the crowd start to moan and picked out the pass of the night down the line. Hopefully a great performance like last night can give him a bit of confidence to try this regularly.

I don't think he is great by any stretch but by Christ we need to start keeping the ball more.
He does that more than anyone so agree he should be in at present.

McLaughlin, McGeouch, Matthews & Maja should be started every game possible

Can't say that about McGeough, as proven earlier, our best results and performances have come when he wasn't in the side

I'd play him at the minute but he hasn't done enough tobe nailed on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back