Irish sports

Fair play to the lads from the Bronx. I'm hardly daring to think this could be Mayo's year for Sam. So far so good. Should be a close one today agin the Rossies. 🇧🇾🇧🇾
Mayo have been brilliant so far, I was in Croke Park to watch them last Sunday and they were very impressive. Today should be a close one as you say, the Rossies are always very dangerous in Connacht!

Kildare will feel they have left a big chance to dump the Dubs out of Leinster behind them.

All Ireland series taking shape now, all the big hitters will be happy enough as things stand.

The All-Ireland Senior Football Championship reaches its climax this weekend with old rivals Dublin and Kerry battling it out to be top dogs.

The match takes place at Croke Park in Dublin with a 3.30pm throw-in on Sunday.

This is on BBC2 N.Ireland as well as RTE 2.

@Cú Chulainn

Anyone into them?

I only ever encounter them when down the Irish pub. They’re not covered at all in any of the media that I watch or listen to.

I quite enjoy the hurling for its viciousness and the Gaelic football just because it is good to watch.

Are either of these sports played anywhere else in the world?
Played here in several leagues. Grealish used to play I think. Very fast and very tough.

Did Niall Quinn play for Dublin in GAA? Or was it Kevin Moran?

One or the other
Niall played minor hurling for Dublin and was seen as a massive prospect. He moved to Arsenal before he could play senior level.

Kevin Moran was a brilliant Gaelic Footballer who won senior all Ireland's with Dublin before leaving to play with Man Utd. He played for both at the same time which is incredible to think of in this day and age.
The All-Ireland Senior Football Championship reaches its climax this weekend with old rivals Dublin and Kerry battling it out to be top dogs.

The match takes place at Croke Park in Dublin with a 3.30pm throw-in on Sunday.

This is on BBC2 N.Ireland as well as RTE 2.

@Cú Chulainn
Ha I'd rather not think about it! I'm still not over the semi final heartbreak. Going to miss my first final since 2008 (barring Covid) as I just can't face it!

On the game itself I keep changing my mind but leaning slightly towards Kerry at the minute. Should be a cracker

Last edited:
Niall played minor hurling for Dublin and was seen as a massive prospect. He moved to Arsenal before he could play senior level.

Kevin Moran was a brilliant Gaelic Footballer who won senior all Ireland's with Dublin before leaving to play with Man Utd. He played for both at the same time which is incredible to think of in this day and age.

Ha I'd rather not think about it! I'm still not over the semi final heartbreak. Going to miss my first final since 2008 (barring Covid) as I just can't face it!

On the game itself I keep changing my mind but leaning slightly towards Kerry at the minute. Should be a cracker
As a Mayo supporter can't say I want either of these feckers to win 😠 . Hope it's a good game tho. No doubt the Kerry fans will turn out in numbers as it's the final they don't bother otherwise. Tight arses.

As a Mayo supporter can't say I want either of these feckers to win 😠 . Hope it's a good game tho. No doubt the Kerry fans will turn out in numbers as it's the final they don't bother otherwise. Tight arses.
I was at the Kerry semi final. Think the attendance was 42k and I'd say there was a max of 7 or 8k Kerry there. In fairness to the feckers they're normally right in their semi final confidence!

Back