Iran shoots down US drone

I can't believe the Yanks are contemplating another conflict in the Middle East.
Do they ever learn.

Its not a case of them learning, wars are what they constantly need to do, in order to keep up the hype of both the US and the Capitalism they believe is the only ideology you can live by.

Is war politics?

Just so we know...
It can be. Should this turn into war I think that it would qualify as war as a political aim.

Trump's political aim has been to go after every measure that Obama got through. To dismantle the entire administration. He promised and he's made good on that promise to go after Iran with gusto supported by some very creepy religious voices in his ear.

Trump has engineered this entire situation and now he's backing himself into a corner where any attempt at calming the situation (perceived climb-down for his part) will make him look weak. It's the 'accidental' conflict that escalates that I fear here. I don't think Trump will go into Iran.

Last edited:
It can be. Should this turn into war I think that it would qualify as war as a political aim.

Trump's political aim has been to go after every measure that Obama got through. To dismantle the entire administration. He promised and he's made good on that promise to go after Iran with gusto supported by some very creepy religious voices in his ear.

Trump has engineered this entire situation and now he's backing himself into a corner where any attempt at calming the situation (perceived climb-down for his part) will make him look weak. It's the 'accidental' conflict that escalates that I fear here. I don't think Trump will go into Iran.

Dont think he will either

The Trump thread.

And as it heats up the more 'accidents' are likely to happen. The point is that this has the potential for conflict and it has been engineered for political purposes. He's bullied his closest allies over this massive error in foreign policy.

You might be right on that, for me the Saudi's need to be isolated, but hell knows what crap that would cause.

It's not a war the US can win.

The parallels with Iraq are different.

Iran is 4 times the size.
Iraq is mainly desert the US walked through. Iran is mountainous and would be incredibly hard to invade even by the US military's own assessments.
The location of Iran would make it considerably more difficult for local allies like the Peshmerga to help the US win.
Iran has 3 times as many troops as Iraq.
Iran has a considerably more modern weaponry then Iraq had.

Most of all though the only US objective of attacking or invading Iran is of complete control and regime takeover. That's spells the end for Israel through either Irans probable nukes or a combination of their long range rockets and the 100000 Hezbollah have aimed at Israel from Lebanon. If they are going down they have the strength to take Israel with them with nothing left to lose.

Even if the US could after a long and bloody war very much harder then Iraq win. They know it would spell the end of Israel.

They cant win through attacking Iran and they know it.

Last edited:
Do you remember not so long since we had clear and proven evidence that Assad was using chemical weapons against his own innocent civilians? Aye, Google the fucker now AFTER the yanks bombed the fuck out of a Syrian airbase in retaliation. Which is a clear act of war. The truth is the first casualty of war.

Was that with Greg Lake singing?
Oh edit, didn’t realise you meant recently, would have been difficult to have Greg on vocals!
It was Tuesday night. The bloke singing (and playing guitar) was Jakko Jakszyk. I was very impressed with his voice. He sang those songs with a lot of passion and certainly did the originals justice.
Robert Fripp of course was still there, suited and booted sitting quietly on a stool at the back. Mel Collins who has been with them from the very early days was on woodwind. The brilliant Tony Levin on bass and Chapman stick and then THREE drummers at the front of the stage including Porcupine Tree`s Gavin Harrison. The drummers were a spectacle in themselves and totally mesmerising to watch. It was a challenging listen at times but well worth it to see musicians of that calibre on stage. I`m really glad I went.

It was Tuesday night. The bloke singing (and playing guitar) was Jakko Jakszyk. I was very impressed with his voice. He sang those songs with a lot of passion and certainly did the originals justice.
Robert Fripp of course was still there, suited and booted sitting quietly on a stool at the back. Mel Collins who has been with them from the very early days was on woodwind. The brilliant Tony Levin on bass and Chapman stick and then THREE drummers at the front of the stage including Porcupine Tree`s Gavin Harrison. The drummers were a spectacle in themselves and totally mesmerising to watch. It was a challenging listen at times but well worth it to see musicians of that calibre on stage. I`m really glad I went.

Great band! :cool:

Back