IPL starts 9/4/21. Match schedule listing

Might be a stupid question but how have they got it when they’re living in a bubble isolated away from everyone
Assume there will be a breach in the chain somewhere. Hotel staff went home to see a sick parent or something. May not even be a direct contact with the cricketers, but just needs one breach in the chain
Edit: someone on twitter saying someone went to hospital for a shoulder scan

Last edited:
Might be a stupid question but how have they got it when they’re living in a bubble isolated away from everyone

you can’t stop it when it’s that prevalent, only delay it

no way this ends, more n more will be called off

it’s a moral failure of everyone involved to use up these resources when people can’t even get oxygen

we rested the likes of Buttler for a test series just so they could fill their coffers playing in this farce

what a mess
Think that’ll be the end of that one then. The players who were already nervy will be skittled by the bubble breaching in two separate teams.

can they get home though?

the aussies aren’t allowed to mid May to even fly back

I have little sympathy for them to be honest

this was the year to turn down the money, a lot showed what they are all about in my view

Last edited:
you can’t stop it when it’s that prevalent, only delay it

no way this ends, more n more will be called off

it’s a moral failure of everyone involved to use up these resources when people can’t even get oxygen

we rested the likes of Buttler for a test series just so they could fill their coffers playing in this farce

what a mess

can they get home though?

the aussies aren’t allowed to mid May to even fly back

I have little sympathy for them to be honest

this was the year to turn down the money, a lot showed what they are all about in my view

The British lot can, the Aussies might well end up over here too.

At the end of the day it’s their job. If someone offered me a contract in India a few months ago, on the basis that I’d be in a bio-secure bubble and it was going to pay my wage for the year, then of course I’d be over there. Hindsight is 20/20.

The British lot can, the Aussies might well end up over here too.

At the end of the day it’s their job. If someone offered me a contract in India a few months ago, on the basis that I’d be in a bio-secure bubble and it was going to pay my wage for the year, then of course I’d be over there. Hindsight is 20/20.

For some it is, some like Buttler are getting paid over a million quid by the ECB, and yet complain about bubble fatigure

they just played an IPL in October, this was the year of all year's to show a bit of loyalty to your employer, who pay you very well, and prioritise them over chasing even more money

Buttler has years to make a fortune, they dont deserve much sympathy for prioritising this over international cricket

there was absolutely no give or take by them

For some it is, some like Buttler are getting paid over a million quid by the ECB, and yet complain about bubble fatigure

they just played an IPL in October, this was the year of all year's to show a bit of loyalty to your employer, who pay you very well, and prioritise them over chasing even more money

Buttler has years to make a fortune, they dont deserve much sympathy for prioritising this over international cricket

there was absolutely no give or take by them
Playing Devil's advocate, Buttler signed his IPL contract pre-covid so he is being loyal to his employer, who pays him well.

I’m with @The Rat on this one. Given what happened in SA, it reeks of money grabbing. And at the expense of the National side

Michael Slater wittering on about not being allowed home. Whilst he has a point, there are thousands of Aussies who haven’t been able to get home for over a year.

I’m with @The Rat on this one. Given what happened in SA, it reeks of money grabbing. And at the expense of the National side

Michael Slater wittering on about not being allowed home. Whilst he has a point, there are thousands of Aussies who haven’t been able to get home for over a year.

yep exactly

I’m all for IPL, making cash, you only live once etc

just this isn’t a normal year, the majority of people in most areas of life have made some sacrifices.

I just don’t think these people can have it both ways

slater flew out to earn some cash in the middle of a pandemic, he cant expect to be ahead of people in the queue who have been waiting a year!

I’m actually a bit annoyed at Buttler, stokes etc, the ones on the big multi format contracts.

yep exactly

I’m all for IPL, making cash, you only live once etc

just this isn’t a normal year, the majority of people in most areas of life have made some sacrifices.

I just don’t think these people can have it both ways

slater flew out to earn some cash in the middle of a pandemic, he cant expect to be ahead of people in the queue who have been waiting a year!

I’m actually a bit annoyed at Buttler, stokes etc, the ones on the big multi format contracts.
Massively wealthy already as well

I don’t begrudge Billings anywhere near as much

While I don’t necessary agree with some of the views raised on this thread. I think another point is that you can be annoyed they went out there, but still feel empathy and/or sympathy for the situation there’s now in.

My girlfriend is Aussie and is banned from going home at the moment, even in England where the cases are declining it is still hard on her. Let alone for the likes of Zampa - who decided they couldn’t cope with all of it and yet are still stuck there. It must be very stressful and upsetting for him and his family.

While I don’t necessary agree with some of the views raised on this thread. I think another point is that you can be annoyed they went out there, but still feel empathy and/or sympathy for the situation there’s now in.

My girlfriend is Aussie and is banned from going home at the moment, even in England where the cases are declining it is still hard on her. Let alone for the likes of Zampa - who decided they couldn’t cope with all of it and yet are still stuck there. It must be very stressful and upsetting for him and his family.
Your gf should be ahead of Zampa in the queue IMO

I think they’re separate points though

I have sympathy for your girlfriend, I have Aussie friends in the same boat, but these were people already in Australia who wanted to fly out of a safe environment into a risky one to earn cash, then just come back

to me that’s even worse when you have people already pwho can’t even get home to see family

I think they’ve been really greedy and I feel for their families but maybe their husbands shouldn’t have been that selfish

Back