IPL auction 2021

Chester-le-street in April and May is a far superior location to anywhere in India anyway :cool:

I agree with Stewie.
-
Just catching up on this story, pretty much confirmed what I knew all along. Mickey Mouse competition that’s ridiculously overblown by the Indians - which is of no surprise, they overblow everything.

Mickey Mouse?

The worlds best cricketers making themselves available, watched by millions and packed crowds and superb atmosphere with brilliant entertainment year after year.

Just because you personally don’t like it, doesn’t make it Mickey Mouse.

Some dislike golf doesn’t mean the Ryder cup is Mickey Mouse

Last edited:

Mickey Mouse?

The worlds best cricketers making themselves available, watched by millions and packed crowds and superb atmosphere with brilliant entertainment year after year.

I think the standard is slightly overplayed personally

I thought the last t20 World Cup in India was by far superior quality of cricket, it was a noticeable gap

just sick to death of it personally. 6 after 6

As athers said on sky other day. In this of all years it’s pretty poor that the only thing that isn’t flexible for England players is they have to play all of the IPL

everyrhing else is flexible, away tests, home tests, white ball stuff, but no you HAVE to be available for every single IPL game, can’t just play a month or 6 weeks of it

I won’t be watching put it that way

I think the standard is slightly overplayed personally

I thought the last t20 World Cup in India was by far superior quality of cricket, it was a noticeable gap

just sick to death of it personally. 6 after 6

As athers said on sky other day. In this of all years it’s pretty poor that the only thing that isn’t flexible for England players is they have to play all of the IPL

everyrhing else is flexible, away tests, home tests, white ball stuff, but no you HAVE to be available for every single IPL game, can’t just play a month or 6 weeks of it

I won’t be watching put it that way

Each to own that’s your choice, personally I throughly enjoy every year.

However whether people like it or not, in no way can it be described as Mickey Mouse.

Its the biggest domestic cricket competition in the world by far, in terms of quality and fans watching it, surely that can’t be disputed?
It’s not really 6 after 6 either as bowlers are stars of the tournament as much as batsman, that’s one of the reasons Bangalore have done rubbish despite the likes of Kohli, Gayle and De Villers playing got them at their peak.

Bowlers such as Rashid, Bumrah and Archer put in brilliant performances in the IPl.

Last edited:
Each to own that’s your choice, personally I throughly enjoy every year.

However whether people like it or not, in no way can it be described as Mickey Mouse.

Its the biggest domestic cricket competition in the world by far, in terms of quality and fans watching it, surely that can’t be disputed?
It’s not really 6 after 6 either as bowlers are stars of the tournament as much as batsman, that’s one of the reasons Bangalore have done rubbish despite the likes of Kohli, Gayle and De Villers playing got them at their peak.

Bowlers such as Rashid, Bumrah and Archer put in brilliant performances in the IPl.
Not sure how you can call it anything other than Mickey Mouse when you consider at the same time a 45 year old Darren Stevens will be rolling teams out on greentops in the county championship.

Not sure how you can call it anything other than Mickey Mouse when you consider at the same time a 45 year old Darren Stevens will be rolling teams out on greentops in the county championship.

Aye exactly with nobody watching and the best domestic players in the country playing 2 games a season if your team lucky

Mickey Mouse?

Don’t bite man :lol:

I was only being partly serious, but the bit about it being massively overblown is very much true, I don’t think it’s that much better than our own T20 competition and it certainly isn’t as good as the Big Bash (even with the daft recent rule changes).

The only reason the worlds best players put themselves up for it is the $$$. I don’t blame them, but mega bucks doesn’t always mean quality is guaranteed. Not when players like Chris Morris are deemed the most valuable and lads like Alex Hales didn’t even get picked.

As for the crowds and watched by millions - India’s population is 1.3 billion, cricket is massive over there. You’d get millions watching a game on the Maidan Oval if it was televised, doesn’t make it a wonderful spectacle.

It’s a good competition, but it’s massively overrated and only becoming less of an appeal IMO. You can have too much of a good thing.

Don’t bite man :lol:

I was only being partly serious, but the bit about it being massively overblown is very much true, I don’t think it’s that much better than our own T20 competition and it certainly isn’t as good as the Big Bash (even with the daft recent rule changes).

The only reason the worlds best players put themselves up for it is the $$$. I don’t blame them, but mega bucks doesn’t always mean quality is guaranteed. Not when players like Chris Morris are deemed the most valuable and lads like Alex Hales didn’t even get picked.

As for the crowds and watched by millions - India’s population is 1.3 billion, cricket is massive over there. You’d get millions watching a game on the Maidan Oval if it was televised, doesn’t make it a wonderful spectacle.

It’s a good competition, but it’s massively overrated and only becoming less of an appeal IMO. You can have too much of a good thing.

Just simply pointing out it’s the biggest domestic cricket competition in the world by far.

Back