IPL auction 2021

Aye, big mistake

Fair enough spend time with family, but if you can get 5 times your year salary for 2 month's work

Someone criticised me for suggesting that English players get ignored because a lack of English coaches, but its true, and lot of ex players on twitter, and ITK journos saying this too.

Some ridiculous deals for players there who have been poor in the IPL for quite a while
I think the Indian authorities like sticking it up England cricket establishment as well. They know the time of the year the IPL is played has caused much concern in England since it's conception as traditionally this has been seen as England's time to play cricket.

People are kidding themselves if they think Wood would’ve gone for anything other than pennies.

Had a shocking time of it last time he was in the IPL, and I very much doubt he’s anywhere near as highly rated around the world as he is on this place.

People are kidding themselves if they think Wood would’ve gone for anything other than pennies.

Had a shocking time of it last time he was in the IPL, and I very much doubt he’s anywhere near as highly rated around the world as he is on this place.

Err he played one game. Wood's a different bowler now, you know what you're going to get and it'll be consistently over 90mph. Him and Archer are the two first quicks on the team sheet when it comes to limited overs cricket.

Tom Curran got over £500k this time round. You have Jhye Richardson getting over £1.4m, Meredith over £800k. Coulter-Nile over £500k. Milne mentioned earlier, over £320k.

Wood would have likely approached the £1m mark.

Err he played one game. Wood's a different bowler now, you know what you're going to get and it'll be consistently over 90mph. Him and Archer are the two first quicks on the team sheet when it comes to limited overs cricket.

Tom Curran got over £500k this time round. You have Jhye Richardson getting over £1.4m, Meredith over £800k. Coulter-Nile over £500k. Milne mentioned earlier, over £320k.

Wood would have likely approached the £1m mark.

Tbh don’t know how you could be certain of that as some weird picks and money thrown about so who knows

nonsene

have you seen how much Chris morris went for?

hes a far far better bowler
That’s shows the high standard mind.

Especially after Hales performance in the big bash.

Not sure I agree actually

some of the signings not purely based on how good they are like

it’s an absolute circus like and I think people give the logic far too much weight, more a case of who you know with some of them

the maxwell snd morris deals are hilarious

Last edited:
nonsene

it’s an absolute circus like and I think people give the logic far too much weight, more a case of who you know with some of them

I’d not argue Wood is a better bowler, much much better is pushing it when we’re talking about T20s though. Morris is a proven performer all around the world, Wood is not. The price is absolutely ludicrous but I just don’t think Wood’s stock is high enough outside of England for him to attract much interest.

I’d not argue Wood is a better bowler, much much better is pushing it when we’re talking about T20s though. Morris is a proven performer all around the world, Wood is not. The price is absolutely ludicrous but I just don’t think Wood’s stock is high enough outside of England for him to attract much interest.

He'd have gone like

Jay Richardson or whatever he is called, 1.3milion? done absolutely nothing in the game

not as quick as Wood

Wood was a vital part of a world cup win you know
So he can play test cricket for England

its family related I think

nonsene

Like I said before some decisions may not look perfect from us, but I am pretty sure sides want the best squad to help them win the tournament!

I think it’s fair to say they not picking sub standard players on purpose which in turn may have weakened their chances.

Like I said before some decisions may not look perfect from us, but I am pretty sure sides want the best squad to help them win the tournament!

I think it’s fair to say they not picking sub standard players on purpose which in turn may have weakened their chances.

No but the amount of aussie coaches for example helps them, England players are viewed favourably

You have claimed I am crackers claiming this in past, but looking at twitter today, high profile ex players and journos involved all making that point, so I am clearly not barking up the wrong tree.

As we were a bit late to the party, there is no team with any English influence outside Rajistan, who have archer, buttler, curran and stokes for a reason.

He'd have gone like

Jay Richardson or whatever he is called, 1.3milion? done absolutely nothing in the game

not as quick as Wood

Wood was a vital part of a world cup win you know

its family related I think
Richardson got the most wickets in this years big bash I think, performances in that carry a lot of weight...unless your hales

Do agree about wood missing out, he hasn't played in the ipl since he sorted his run up out and this yr would have been expected to get a decent fee

Chester-le-street in April and May is a far superior location to anywhere in India anyway :cool:

I agree with Stewie.
-
Just catching up on this story, pretty much confirmed what I knew all along. Mickey Mouse competition that’s ridiculously overblown by the Indians - which is of no surprise, they overblow everything.

Last edited:

Back