IPL 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watched the highlights and the size of that ground is an embarrassment. You would get bigger boundarys at some club grounds.

Theres a cracking run chase going on and sky have cut the coverage to show the women’s cricket. I thought the IPL would at least continue on the red button.

Don't like Pollard, but was rather fun watching him bash Zampa for 27 in an over. Not sure of the wisdom of leaving overs of spin at the end against him.

Yep another late charge this time from Mumbai against RCB thanks to pollard.

Always been a big feature of this competition these late innings recoveries. More so than any other league. Chasing team never out of it

Can't get into it, I think the points earlier about random players playing for random teams, only to be team mates in the next franchise tournament are part of the reason

Also the hyperbole get me, its just 6 after 6 after 6 and keep getting told how absolutely magnificent each shot is by the shouting commentators.

For me that type of cricket if it happens every week is just boring.

But sitting watching every ball go for 6 while "KP" and "Slats" engage in "banter" at the top of their voice, is not for me.

Reactions: WCC
Can't get into it, I think the points earlier about random players playing for random teams, only to be team mates in the next franchise tournament are part of the reason

Also the hyperbole get me, its just 6 after 6 after 6 and keep getting told how absolutely magnificent each shot is by the shouting commentators.

But sitting watching every ball go for 6 while "KP" and "Slats" engage in "banter" at the top of their voice, is not for me.
Commentary is shite definitely. Always makes me yearn for Nasser, Bumble, Atherton, even Nick Knight and “Wardy”!

Commentary is shite definitely. Always makes me yearn for Nasser, Bumble, Atherton, even Nick Knight and “Wardy”!

Absolutely.

I know its T20, and needs enthusiasm, but Sky get it just right, understated humour, with good analysis

I sometimes feel disillusioned with life listening to KP and Slater and Pommy, whatever his name is, is that how people talk?

If my mates introduced me to people like that in real life, I'd just leave without saying a word.

When's the quarter finals of our t20

I love the IPL, wish there was more teams though. Don’t get me wrong, I appreciate the sheer amount of quality in each team.
But there’s arguably too much, so many players in the word who are not getting a match who would be class. Make it a ten or even twelve team tournament.

I agree, listening to Pietersen giggling like a schoolboy, stating the obvious and basically having a laugh with his mates is terrible to listen to.

I love the IPL, wish there was more teams though. Don’t get me wrong, I appreciate the sheer amount of quality in each team.
But there’s arguably too much, so many players in the word who are not getting a match who would be class. Make it a ten or even twelve team tournament.

There’s definitely room for expansion, plenty of big cities in India without a team as well

There’s definitely room for expansion, plenty of big cities in India without a team as well
I was thinking about where they could set up more teams last night thanks to Harrogate Mackem’s post (sad I know :lol:) Pune, Ahmedabad and Kochi all used to have teams at one point so could bring them back, then maybe one based at Kanpur or the new ground at Lucknow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back