IPL 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would imagine, that teams want to win games, and to do that you pick players to win you them games, and selection will be based on that rather than the nationality of coaching staff.

Hence they must think Williamson and Smith are better players than Root as I do.

Yeah of course just making the point that the people selecting the players are more qualified to do that than The Rat.
True plus the players mentioned are proven in IPL, root can't even get in the English team at the moment

True plus the players mentioned are proven in IPL, root can't even get in the English team at the moment

Well exactly, Williamson and Smith are proven players, it’s not clear than Root is better than them far from it.

Imo the reason Root has not been picked, is teams just don’t think he is good enough, and nothing to do with what country the coaches are from,

I would imagine, that teams want to win games, and to do that you pick players to win you them games, and selection will be based on that rather than the nationality of coaching staff.

Hence they must think Williamson and Smith are better players than Root as I do.

Yeah of course just making the point that the people selecting the players are more qualified to do that than The Rat.

Incorrect

Why do you think people like Chris Morris end up going for the biggest fees for a foriegn player ever?

Very naive
Well exactly, Williamson and Smith are proven players, it’s not clear than Root is better than them far from it.

Imo the reason Root has not been picked, is teams just don’t think he is good enough, and nothing to do with what country the coaches are from,

Roots a better t20 player than Steve smith like. Not sure that’s up for debate

It’s not a very controversial decision point here, one made by every cricket journalist I’ve ever read. You know better like

Last edited:
Does Root even make himself available for auction? Can’t imagine he did this time around as he would’ve been snapped up you would imagine with no English cricket to be played for a while.

Tbf Root has a better white ball record than both those players in t20 and 50 over stuff.

Tbf Root has a better white ball record than both those players in t20 and 50 over stuff.

Stokes has not got a good international T20 record but will always get a gig at the IPL, ahead of Root.

The bottom line is teams pick players who they think will when them games and none of them think Root is good enough to be selected.
Incorrect

Why do you think people like Chris Morris end up going for the biggest fees for a foriegn player ever?

Very naive

It’s not a very controversial decision point here, one made by every cricket journalist I’ve ever read. You know better like

That must be why Smith has been selected for the IPL every year then and Root hasn’t!

Would do you mean it’s incorrect to say teams pick players to win games, do they pick lesser talented players to lose games?

Last edited:
Can someone explain how Tom Curran gets an IPL deal over Mark Wood?

Or even David willey
Wood wouldn't play 1/3 of the games is a pretty big issue. Curran has done well in the Big Bash and when I've seen him in the IPL. Not the best bowler, not the worst, and often comes up with useful runs in the lower order. Definitely has a spot on attitude too.
Incorrect

Very naive

Morris got a big contract on the back of a couple of spectacular performances which sometimes happens with the IPL. The owners go wow and chuck a load of money at it. Same with the Indian player - was it Pathan? - who got a couple of contracts off the back of a century off 50 balls or something and never batted like it again his life.

Last edited:
Cracking performance by young Curran...he will get better... I think it’s safe to say @Rat is a bit of our village idiot

Stokes has not got a good international T20 record but will always get a gig at the IPL, ahead of Root.

The bottom line is teams pick players who they think will when them games and none of them think Root is good enough to be selected.

That must be why Smith has been selected for the IPL every year then and Root hasn’t!

Would do you mean it’s incorrect to say teams pick players to win games, do they pick lesser talented players to lose games?

Iirc Root opted out of this year's IPL because he didn't want to be away from his wife and young child.
How the fuck do you give Shivam Mavi Man of the Match and not Curran? Tendulkar used to regularly win MOTM awards although India lost but it seems to have become de rigeur to pick a player from the winning team, even when they were outperformed by a player on the losing side.

Last edited:
CSK: Bat to 8 with Dwayne Bravo, and even nine, ten, jack can hit.
Block your way into needing 20+ run an over at the end.
*shrugs*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back