IPL 2019

Come on you must see the funny side of him getting bowled all the f***ing time. It's just a running joke now

We hardly see him these days anyway. Might as well be some random overseas

You mean he is a international cricketer on a central contract, really will only be playing county cricket when he needs some practice in.

Come on you must see the funny side of him getting bowled all the f***ing time. It's just a running joke now

We hardly see him these days anyway. Might as well be some random overseas

Really? What like Duane Olivier?

Well Durham fans don’t think that way about stokes n wood

Not just about the joke, in general you don’t seem to like him

I couldn’t be prouder to see Durham lads doing well for themselves

Really? What like Duane Olivier?

Well Durham fans don’t think that way about stokes n wood

Not just about the joke, in general you don’t seem to like him

I couldn’t be prouder to see Durham lads doing well for themselves
Yes exactly like him. And we'll lose him too when he gets picked by England during the difficult post Jimmy era.

I don't agree with signing him but can see why if we were able to play him whenever we want for the whole of his "stay". If he ends up playing for England in three years then we might as well not have bothered

Yes exactly like him. And we'll lose him too when he gets picked by England during the difficult post Jimmy era.

I don't agree with signing him but can see why if we were able to play him whenever we want for the whole of his "stay". If he ends up playing for England in three years then we might as well not have bothered

Or well let’s not pick good players for England so that they can pla6 for the county instead!

Or well let’s not pick good players for England so that they can pla6 for the county instead!
You want some random Saffer, who already had multiple caps for them, to play for England because he happened to do well in the county championship after turning his back on SA?

He'll be a flop anyway mind as it's Yorkshire and all our overseas end up being shite

My issue isn't with them getting picked for England or even central contracts. More the amount of cricket they play rendering them unavailable all season. Even with the WC and Ashes this year you can do away with the Pakistan series beforehand and the Ireland games

Last edited:
You want some random Saffer, who already had multiple caps for them, to play for England because he happened to do well in the county championship after turning his back on SA?

He'll be a flop anyway mind as it's Yorkshire and all our overseas end up being shite

My issue isn't with them getting picked for England or even central contracts. More the amount of cricket they play rendering them unavailable all season. Even with the WC and Ashes this year you can do away with the Pakistan series beforehand and the Ireland games

The good thing about cricket as opposed to football is that the country comes first,long may it continue!

Don't say it don't say it don't say it...

Bowled :oops: :lol:

Ghastly shot too

I don't really get the humour really. His record in one day cricket is bordering astonishing in the last 18 months. Averaging over 50 in the ODI stuff with a higher average and a better scoring rate than Hales, Roy, Morgan, Stokes etc. If he's getting bowled a lot scoring f***ing loads at a fast rate then he isn't getting caught behind or LBW. It hardly matters :lol:

Any other league, any other country that game would have been over. Just something about India that allows a batsman to finish a game they had no right to win like that. Shades of another West Indian on the same ground tbh

What’s this got to do with you not liking bairstow? No idea what you’re talking about

He’s been at Yorkshire since he was a school child and developed into a world start you should like him and be pleased for him, not resenting him because he can’t play against Kent away

Sums up the typical Yorkshire mentality this

I don't really get the humour really. His record in one day cricket is bordering astonishing in the last 18 months. Averaging over 50 in the ODI stuff with a higher average and a better scoring rate than Hales, Roy, Morgan, Stokes etc. If he's getting bowled a lot scoring f***ing loads at a fast rate then he isn't getting caught behind or LBW. It hardly matters :lol:

I know

Getting bowled in one day cricket is not some technical weakness when you are averaging over 50 Witt a ridiculous strike rate

That poster just doesn’t like bairstow and I’ve no idea why

Wonder if he dislikes root too

Well clearly to Olivier and his Kolpak cronies it didn't!

What the feck have they got to do with bairstow? :confused:

Last edited:
Where did I say I don't like him? :confused: I Don't like the ways he gets out but might as well laugh at it or you'd cry.

Come on man lets not fall out over this

Last edited:
Where did I say I don't like him? :confused: I Don't like the ways he gets out but might as well laugh at it or you'd cry

Why would you laugh at someone getting out bowled a lot while at the same time compiling a record in one day cricket amongst the best we have ever had? I'm sure Gooch used to get LBW a lot and Gower caught behind - its quite hilarious I suppose :lol:

I used to love that comedy 'League of Gentlemen;' particularly the first series. However when you put it up against KP getting out to orthodox left arm spin there's really no comparison ;)
I'd rather watch a compilation of particular cricketers' repetitive dismissals than that Mrs Brown shit mind ;)

Last edited:

Back