IPL 2019

its gone on far too long

I was into it at the start but its never ending

turned it on yesterday and the commentator screaming how amazing the latest six was, everything has a limit like

I was into from the start and still love it.

The entertainment is excellent, love the fact there is soo many close finishes, that has always been a big plus for me watching edge of your seat cricket!

Fans imo even before T20 have always loved big hitting players and were always more likely to get off their arses to watch a Bothan and Flintoff rather than a Tavare or a Boycott.

Even at club cricket level more fans used to watch cup matches on a night if a big hitting pro was playing, so to me it’s always been a misconception that people in grounds don’t want to see loads of sixes because imo they most definitely do!

I agree the IPL has gone to far with the crap surrounding it, such as the over the top commentors or the 25 diffrent awards for all sorts of stupid things at the end of the match

But that doesn’t distract for me the superb entertainment that actually happens on the field in the high majority of games!

I also agree it will have a shelf live and probably will not be as popular for ever but it’s bloody good entertainment imo.

I was into from the start and still love it.

The entertainment is excellent, love the fact there is soo many close finishes, that has always been a big plus for me watching edge of your seat cricket!

Fans imo even before T20 have always loved big hitting players and were always more likely to get off their arses to watch a Bothan and Flintoff rather than a Tavare or a Boycott.

Even at club cricket level more fans used to watch cup matches on a night if a big hitting pro was playing, so to me it’s always been a misconception that people in grounds don’t want to see loads of sixes because imo they most definitely do!

I agree the IPL has gone to far with the crap surrounding it, such as the over the top commentors or the 25 diffrent awards for all sorts of stupid things at the end of the match

But that doesn’t distract for me the superb entertainment that actually happens on the field in the high majority of games!

I also agree it will have a shelf live and probably will not be as popular for ever but it’s bloody good entertainment imo.

Yeah everyone loves sixes, but Botham wasn't hitting them every over of a test match was he, the rarity makes them that more special

its good but I just think its far too long

The IPL world cup in India was some of the best cricket I have ever seen, was timed just right, this is probably 4 times as long.

I will tune back in when the knockout starts

still watch the 6 min highlights online mind

Yeah everyone loves sixes, but Botham wasn't hitting them every over of a test match was he, the rarity makes them that more special

its good but I just think its far too long

The IPL world cup in India was some of the best cricket I have ever seen, was timed just right, this is probably 4 times as long.

I will tune back in when the knockout starts

still watch the 6 min highlights online mind

Yeah of course it’s trying to get the balance right and certainly see some people’s point.

Must admit I don’t like it when someone mistimes or does not hit it right, yet it still goes for six.

Couldn't believe they had Malinga bowling the last over after his previous effort got carted, but fair play it was a great last over. Great competition just a shame its not on free to air

Yeah but he is a proven big game player and proven excellent death bowler

Was really pleased for de kock after his big mistake the over before.

Last edited:
It was a hell of a match always nice to see the bowling side come out on top in close games the last 2 overs both bowlers were brilliant
I wouldn’t have given Malinga another over after he went all over the previous one. Fair play to Rohit Sharma as they nearly threw it away with dropped catches (Watson three times) however nerves of steel to finish it off

Dhoni in or out? Personally think they got it right but really could have gone either way. Bizarre how two different angles showed different things but the split screen of the bail coming off and the close up of the line from side on was excellent use of the technology.

Thought the flashing bails were a bit of a fad at first but they've really come into their own recently as a tool for making tight calls on run outs and stumpings. Think the inventors only intended for them to be a bit of fun at first.

Last edited:

Back